Downloading DASH videos by JW player with browser extension?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I recently found youtube-dl which actually does download DASH videos by JW player - but being a command line app it does not cater for sites that uses a logon screen, typically with some kind of captcha, before you get to the actual videos.

So I am wondering if anyone here knows of a browser extension that either uses youtube-dl for it's downloads or another extension that is able to pick up DASH streams and download then?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Solution : Use TubeDigger

I bought if for $25 and enabled "Browser Monitor" then using Firefox I opened the page with the DASH stream on and TubeDigger detected the various resolution streams on offer.

Very pleased with it.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
TubeDigger gets all the DASH fragments, sound and videos, and then splices all of them together and does the MUX as well so you end up with a .mp4 at the end.

Hemps

Honorary Master
youtube-dl handles many logins with providers.

youtube-dl.exe --ap-list-mso

There are also some chrome hls/dash downloaders like videodownloadhelper

TVdownloader is a nice gui of youtube-dl with login to some sites

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I know youtube-dl works on that site, but only the public sample video. The problem is their logon page has a captcha code (generated on their server) and that does not work (when I tried some time ago) with youtube-dl.

Even when I used the built in IExplorer/Chromium/Chromium3 browser in TubeDigger the JWplayer would not render on the page. So I had to run TubeDigger on the side with Monitor Browser enabled and then open the pages in FireFox.

davidwin

@Rouxenator Can you please guide me in downloading videos hosted by JW player? I followed this guide but it seems it is not working with an updated JW player.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Install TubeDigger and FireFox. Then when both are running enable the "Monitor Browser" function in TubeDigger and go to the page with the videos. After it loads you will see the videos listed in TubeDigger.

I had to buy a copy of TubeDigger as I was downloading big videos, but worked like a dream and their support is extremely good.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Install TubeDigger and FireFox. Then when both are running enable the "Monitor Browser" function in TubeDigger and go to the page with the videos. After it loads you will see the videos listed in TubeDigger.

I had to buy a copy of TubeDigger as I was downloading big videos, but worked like a dream and their support is extremely good.
Send me a link, i want to see if the program i suggested works

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
The site I ripped is of adult nature and the first month costs £29.95

However you will be able to confirm TubeDigger with their preview clip.

PM for the URL .