Driver’s licence renewal bookings website broken – leaking NaTIS info

eg2505

Honorary Master
built by cadres, most favorable tender wins,

wonder how many millions it costed?

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
wonder how long before someone pokes it with a stick and gets it to leak some data...

eg2505

Honorary Master
wonder how long before someone pokes it with a stick and gets it to leak some data...

not long, especially now,

just not sure what going to happen next.

half of us on MYBB will find out we married to Zimbabwe nationals?

Craig_

Honorary Master
Please let this only be in gauteng. I need to go for my renewed next.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Another system setup to fail, like all the others.

R13...

Honorary Master
built by cadres, most favorable tender wins,

wonder how many millions it costed?
These cadres?
Johan Vorster - CEO (arivia.kom) André Appelgryn - CFO (arivia.kom); Fannie Mahlangu (Thuthukani Information Technology Services); Josias Silolo (Thuthukani Information Technology Services); Steven Webster (Webcom Consulting) and Charles Kemp (Webcom Consulting)

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
These cadres?
From what I have observed, a lot of our systems were setup to long term fail. If I was in government, I would be doing an insanely strict overhaul of IT and infosec. I know shady groups have long term plans to undermine governance in our country.

For me, the threat is so big, I would most likely scrap most existing systems and start again. I dont see other alternatives.

eg2505

Honorary Master
These cadres?

these guys sound suitably tenderprenurs/cadres/zumas cosins to me, (although I could be wrong)
Fannie Mahlangu (Thuthukani Information Technology Services); Josias Silolo (Thuthukani Information Technology Services)

R13...

Honorary Master
these guys sound suitably tenderprenurs/cadres/zumas cosins to me, (although I could be wrong)
Fannie Mahlangu (Thuthukani Information Technology Services); Josias Silolo (Thuthukani Information Technology Services)
And the rest of the group just stood around drinking coffee or playing golf while the two "cadre sounding (whatever that means)" ones built eNatis?

eg2505

Honorary Master
And the rest of the group just stood around drinking coffee or playing golf while the two "cadre sounding (whatever that means)" ones built eNatis?

isnt that how most of goverments systems are built these days:ROFL:

R13...

Honorary Master
Not even sure why this is news now, this system has always been beset by problems even when the companies who built it operated it. It actually failed a lot more often then.

Craig_

Honorary Master

So the two blacks there couldn't possible be legitimate business men, but the other two are? You my friend, can only be accurately described using a four letter word rhyming with runt.

eg2505

Honorary Master
So the two blacks there couldn't possible be legitimate business men, but the other two are? You my friend, can only be accurately described using a four letter word rhyming with runt.

Im not saying they are dodgy, perhaps others know more about the system that I do,
all Im saying is such a basic mistake that exposes so much private and confidential information shouldn't happen.

so one has to do a bit of digging, and inevitably that (usually) leads one place,

yes I fully agree, they could be extremely successful, and this was just a fluke,
and yes I agree even the best funded and run companies make such (basic) mistakes,

but too many coincidences, have shown me otherwise,