Driver hits 309km/h on N1

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
/in before "it's not fast of someone doesn't die" arguments.

Or has it started already?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
We need dedicated tracks in CT and Johannesburg for these people, should be run at cost price.
It's a cool sport but I'd rather they not endanger others, and going that fast you have no control, I don't care if the driver dies, I care about the innocent people that he's driving past, if either make a bad call based on him being close to the speed limit, someone's going to die.

quovadis

Expert Member
This driver is a legend. If you have this kind of car, then you have the right to stretch it's legs from time to time. People complaining here are mostly jealous, and likely drive a Tazz or Forester
Lol. You would be surprised to know how much this kind of driving is frowned upon by those who have performance vehicles and belong to various motoring clubs. There are tracks and track days for when you want to "stretch its legs". It's not legend, it's reckless.

Drifter

Honorary Master
We need dedicated tracks in CT and Johannesburg for these people, should be run at cost price.
It's a cool sport but I'd rather they not endanger others, and going that fast you have no control, I don't care if the driver dies, I care about the innocent people that he's driving past, if either make a bad call based on him being close to the speed limit, someone's going to die.

We have ODI north of Pretoria where top end runs can be done safely.

Moto Guzzi

Driver hits 309km/h on N1

A driver has recorded themselves hitting 309km/h on the N1 in Gauteng, sparking strong criticism on social media.

Media consultant and anti-crime activist Yusuf Abramjee posted the video, calling the act “sheer madness”.
The speed nearing the bridge seems fake.....and yet another poor quality video in modern times.