Driver's licence card tender shows what new licence card will look like

It would be quite nice if we could go from a B to a EB (BE on the images shown) without all the hassle that is currently needed.
UK just changed the rules. B class licenses can now tow heavy trailers, as of middle of December
1642056776568.png

Basically doing away with the BE classification.
1642057020442.png

I don't buy this. The "design" only has generic placeholders.

Why not have GPW print the cards for them, they already have all those modern machines with those new security features. They print the ID cards for DHA already and have a much improved turn around time. Problem(s) solved.

Out of all second languages to put on the driving licence card….why Portuguese?
Just because of Mozambique and Angola?

Our ID numbers won’t change. I suspect new borns will get the new ID numbers.
ID numbers will be recycled. So maybe a lucky new born will get Tutu or Mandela's ID number.

Looks like we're going for the EU style license again. I do wish that SA would use B1 code and split trucks and buses into C and D like the EU.

They going to a new card, so why send the old machine to Germany to be repaired - pocket money involved?
Most likely because a few people need driving licence cards in the interim until that new machine and all involved processes are up and running.

Digital QR or printed code would have been fine. Instant Online renewal with credit card payment
Annual subscription with automatic renewal.

Talk to me if you want money, I have more ideas ;)

Bentley is gonna be ordering lots of new cars for Feb/March - cadres and their families probably visited the dealerships this weekend to test-drive..

Digital QR or printed code would have been fine. Instant Online renewal with credit card payment
Annual subscription with automatic renewal.

Talk to me if you want money, I have more ideas ;)
Your ideas would promote better services for clients, not outright theft which is the modus operandi here.

And what use is a signature on the card?
Are the cops going to make you sign your name to check that is matches at a roadblock?

Back