Driver's License Renewal - Gauteng

thehuman

Expert Member
We here in PE was told we can use expired license as long as we can show the payment receipt for renewal ( only applicable if renewed before expired)

stiller26

We here in PE was told we can use expired license as long as we can show the payment receipt for renewal ( only applicable if renewed before expired)
In Randburg they told me the same.
Did mine on the 8th of January. Did the sms check last night and it says it has been completed, must just for the sms notification for collection.
With previous renewals, I’ve never received the sms notifications. Will just go and check when I have time.

Qrox

Expert Member
I went to renew my Drivers License on the 16th of December already. Still don't have my license.
I sent the sms on 4 Feb, when it finally told me that my card had been produced, but I had to wait for a SMS to collect it.
Here we are on the 20th of Feb and I still haven't received an SMS to say I can pick it up.

stiller26

I went to renew my Drivers License on the 16th of December already. Still don't have my license.
I sent the sms on 4 Feb, when it finally told me that my card had been produced, but I had to wait for a SMS to collect it.
Here we are on the 20th of Feb and I still haven't received an SMS to say I can pick it up.
You will wait till the jesus of the anc comes back.
All the years I’ve renewed, I’ve never received an sms. Go to the department and get it.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Renewed mine in September/October in a small town in Mpumalanga.

Took 2h queueing for the eye test + 1h in the office.

Was supposed to get it in 4 weeks but apparently, the whole shipment got lost or stolen or whatever. Then their office got robbed so no computers left.

Took 2 months but I got it.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Online appointments are just another way of doing the utmost minimum as they can
decide themselves how many appointments they do per day. Was at the Centurion centre last week and only
one counter for testing and one cashier was manned. There were only another 4 clients, still took 45 minutes to be helped.

Qrox

Expert Member
Any idea how far into future you can book? My license expires September 2019 so would want to go during August.
I've seen some places that have appointments that you can book 2 weeks in advance and others that you can book about 2 months. Its really not consistent and the site you have to book on is horrible.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Bump. I have lost my drivers license card :eek::sick:o_O

I see no slots available for booking in Pretoria. Any advice?

Puk

Bump. I have lost my drivers license card :eek::sick:o_O

I see no slots available for booking in Pretoria. Any advice?
Have you tried finding out from all the centres? You can go to a centre anywhere in the country. If not possible and you're afraid to be pulled over, go to the metro police and complete an affidavit explaining why you're unable to replace your licence at this stage. They will certify it. Drive it around with you until you can renew your licence card.

Shaun108

Executive Member
I went and renewed in the first week of December last year and got a SMS that the card is produced and I should wait for another SMS to pick up my card. This was a month ago - should I wait or make the trip to the licensing department and go and check?