Driver's License Renewal - Gauteng

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I got an appointment on Monday morning, first slot at 08:00 at Krugersdorp, just FYI. Let's see how this goes.

Oh yes, do I still have to take photographs along? Or do they take them there these days?

APoc184

Honorary Master
I got an appointment on Monday morning, first slot at 08:00 at Krugersdorp, just FYI. Let's see how this goes.

Oh yes, do I still have to take photographs along? Or do they take them there these days?
Only take 2 x B+W photos if you need a temporary license.

Photo for actual license card is taken digitally during appointment.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I took photos with just in case (also my own black pen). Needed the pen but they took the photos. All I really needed was my ID, copy of my ID and eye test.

But it is such a schlep so just take everything.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah guess I'll just take everything and be safe. Eish. Another thing to do tomorrow.

EDIT: I need pics for temp licence, so yeah.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Only take 2 x B+W photos if you need a temporary license.

Photo for actual license card is taken digitally during appointment.
They stuck one of my photos on the application form? I didn't need a temp license.

They also took the digital photo as part of application.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I took photos with just in case (also my own black pen). Needed the pen but they took the photos. All I really needed was my ID, copy of my ID and eye test.

But it is such a schlep so just take everything.
Odd, I never took copy of my ID. Did take my eye test with and proof of residence which they stuck into the application.

AdrianH

Expert Member
For anybody renewing and maybe to be safe, I took the following:

• Completed application forms
  • ID Book
  • 2 x photos
  • Proof of residence
  • Eye test results from optometrist
  • R228 in cash (had card in wallet just incase)
  • Pen
  • And from the other guys, copy of ID.
And I went 4 1/2 months before expiry.

Last edited:

APoc184

Honorary Master
They stuck one of my photos on the application form? I didn't need a temp license.

They also took the digital photo as part of application.
Odd, I never took copy of my ID. Did take my eye test with and proof of residence which they stuck into the application.
Seems everybody does his own thing.

So rather take everything with.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Okay cool thanks bud
You're welcome. Additional note - take ID photos along anyway, even if they don't say it's a requirement. Also, take both cash and a card with money available. They're not very consistent with those two, sometimes requiring either or both.

Finally, if you have an online booking, check in at the enquiry desk or front desk when you get there. It should help you get through the story faster. Where are you going?

You're welcome. Additional note - take ID photos along anyway, even if they don't say it's a requirement. Also, take both cash and a card with money available. They're not very consistent with those two, sometimes requiring either or both.

Finally, if you have an online booking, check in at the enquiry desk or front desk when you get there. It should help you get through the story faster. Where are you going?
Awesome thanks for the tips. Going to Randburg one hey