Driver's License Renewal - Gauteng

Recallza

do you perhaps have a link for the application form?
https://online.natis.gov.za/#/Forms

I filled my form in before going to renew my drivers, and they still asked me to fill in their form.. Also something to note, the place I went to, they didn't stick to booking times, the time slotted booking was just a right of entry.. If you booked for 14:00 and arrive and 07:00, they'll still throw you in the waiting line..

Smokey888

I am also getting 0 slots available. can one still just pitch up and go for the renewal in Gauteng? East rand to be more specific?

Recallza

Has anyone who's had a booking in the past month, received a SMS to say there Drivers License is ready to be collected? The guy at the payment window told me to come back after 6 weeks, but mentioned nothing about receiving a notification.

Recallza

I am also getting 0 slots available. can one still just pitch up and go for the renewal in Gauteng? East rand to be more specific?
I doubt it. They ask if you have made a booking... Keep refreshing the site as slots are added randomly.

Smokey888

I doubt it. They ask if you have made a booking... Keep refreshing the site as slots are added randomly.
thank you, will keep trying. mine expires in september and I cannot be without a valid license as I travel often for Business and do car rentals .

rodga

Executive Member
I'm struggling to even get past the first screen!
I get this error

"FieldIdentification number

MessagePerson entity does not exist.

SuggestionVisit your nearest Driving Licence Testing Centre"

Anyone else have a problem lkke this?

rodga

Executive Member
I'm struggling to even get past the first screen!
I get this error

"FieldIdentification number

MessagePerson entity does not exist.

SuggestionVisit your nearest Driving Licence Testing Centre"

Anyone else have a problem lkke this?

ok so we had to use the maiden surname to get it to work

marine1

Honorary Master
After trying for weeks if not months to get an appt. I went to another province and got it done in minutes not months

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Do they issue new license if you have outstanding fines?
Yes, until you admit guilt by paying the fine, the fine is merely an allegation of wrong doing. You have the right to be presumed innocent until you admit guilt or are convicted by a court.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yes, until you admit guilt by paying the fine, the fine is merely an allegation of wrong doing. You have the right to be presumed innocent until you admit guilt or are convicted by a court.
Unless you miss your court date and an enforcement order or warrant of arrest is raised.

Puk

They only block renewal if you have an enforcement order or outstanding warrant of arrest.
How would you know if you have an enforcement order or outstanding warrant of arrest? I've been diligently ignoring speed fines since 2016 and they just disappear after a while (seriously). They've been getting a little smarter, I've noticed... sending fines via email, but not actually sharing any information on the amount or transgression in the mail itself. You have to click on a link (which will obviously let them know you've read the mail). So I just continue ignoring their little emails, too.

XTM

went for renewal, stool in waiting line for about 3 hours

Neuk_

Expert Member
How would you know if you have an enforcement order or outstanding warrant of arrest? I've been diligently ignoring speed fines since 2016 and they just disappear after a while (seriously). They've been getting a little smarter, I've noticed... sending fines via email, but not actually sharing any information on the amount or transgression in the mail itself. You have to click on a link (which will obviously let them know you've read the mail). So I just continue ignoring their little emails, too.
Go renew your drivers licence, that is how I found out.

I honestly have no idea though, the traffic department has the wrong postal address for me, despite me updating it some time last year so I don't receive fines, eToll invoices, renewal notices, etc.

Puk

I just found this website: http://www.aarto.gov.za/index.php/query-my-fine Really funny how they huff and puff about the two "enforcement orders" that have apparently been issued against my name. I've been renewing my vehicle licenses every year without a hitch and renewed my driver's license in 2017 AFTER the supposed "enforcement orders" were issued. Besides, I never even knew of the fines - least of all some enforcement cowshite.