Driver's License Renewal - Gauteng

Neuk_

Expert Member
I just found this website: http://www.aarto.gov.za/index.php/query-my-fine Really funny how they huff and puff about the two "enforcement orders" that have apparently been issued against my name. I've been renewing my vehicle licenses every year without a hitch and renewed my driver's license in 2017 AFTER the supposed "enforcement orders" were issued. Besides, I never even knew of the fines - least of all some enforcement cowshite.
Interesting, I have two outstanding fines, but have never received any notification other than an SMS which I ignored.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah I don't want to be in a line with a piece of stool for 3 hours.

XTM

@Hamster its NW province Rustenburg. addition to that extra hour for paying of renewal fee. its really fc up when you are in hurry and needs to be done things quick

AdrianH

Expert Member
Update on my early drivers renewal:
  • I renewed my license during May 2019 which was 4 1/2 months before expiry of September 2019.
  • They processed the application without asking any questions.
  • Was informed my license was available for collection last week which is about 6 weeks since application.
  • Collected it today, took 2 minutes.
  • The validity period has now been made earlier from May 2019 to May 2024. So they merely moved the validity start date of the license back to when I applied in May 2019, and added the 5 years onto that.

LinetteD

Howdy all.

Managed to secure a booking at Waltloo for 21 August but there is something weird on the booking site. Upon completion of the booking a message appeared at the top saying that I have to apply in person and pay the required fee on or before the expiry date which is 8 August. This is the page on which you download your Booking Information. However, the Booking Information form makes no mention of an expiry date and merely states: You must apply in person and pay prescribed fee on the date and time indicated below. And this date and time is 21 August. So which is correct? Do I turn up at Waltloo on or before 8 August just to be told that I did not have to? Or do I only show up on the 21st and be told that my booking has expired because I did not pay on or before the expiry date.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

koogs

Howdy all.

Managed to secure a booking at Waltloo for 21 August but there is something weird on the booking site. Upon completion of the booking a message appeared at the top saying that I have to apply in person and pay the required fee on or before the expiry date which is 8 August. This is the page on which you download your Booking Information. However, the Booking Information form makes no mention of an expiry date and merely states: You must apply in person and pay prescribed fee on the date and time indicated below. And this date and time is 21 August. So which is correct? Do I turn up at Waltloo on or before 8 August just to be told that I did not have to? Or do I only show up on the 21st and be told that my booking has expired because I did not pay on or before the expiry date.

I did my renewal on 21/06/2019 at the Waltloo office and I made payment on the day of renewal. You show them proof of booking at the specific time slot and then go through the booking process ie eye test or show them eye test that was done at optician and then make payment.

LinetteD

I did my renewal on 21/06/2019 at the Waltloo office and I made payment on the day of renewal. You show them proof of booking at the specific time slot and then go through the booking process ie eye test or show them eye test that was done at optician and then make payment.
Thanks so much. Probably just another administrative error on their side which no one has picked up on to fix.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Howdy all.

I went to the Sandton traffic department on the day of my booking and went through the process before paying at the end. Reminds me, I need to go collect my licence some time soon.

egenis

Update on my early drivers renewal:
  • I renewed my license during May 2019 which was 4 1/2 months before expiry of September 2019.
  • They processed the application without asking any questions.
  • Was informed my license was available for collection last week which is about 6 weeks since application.
  • Collected it today, took 2 minutes.
  • The validity period has now been made earlier from May 2019 to May 2024. So they merely moved the validity start date of the license back to when I applied in May 2019, and added the 5 years onto that.

Do they send you a notification to collect?
I'm on about 8 weeks wait now but nothing yet? I also tried sms'ing the 33214 number but nothing from them either.

Now - do I take the time off to go through to Meyerton or do I wait?

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I'm on about 8 weeks wait now but nothing yet? I also tried sms'ing the 33214 number but nothing from them either.

I asked if they are going to let me know and they said no, I just have to come in 6 weeks time. A week left for me to go.

AdrianH

Expert Member

No, didn't receive notification.

Asked my contact at HA to ask somebody she knows at testing station. That person confirmed it is ready for collection.

I would go through, it should be there. The collections queue is normally short and quick.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Mmm half day leave seems in order then :cautious:

Thanks guys.
Well, they open at 8am, you should be out absolute latest 8:30am. Not sure how far you would still need to drive back to work, maybe ask boss to come in late and stay later?

Neuk_

Expert Member
No, didn't receive notification.

Asked my contact at HA to ask somebody she knows at testing station. That person confirmed it is ready for collection.

I would go through, it should be there. The collections queue is normally short and quick.
Reminds me, I need to go check up on mine which I renewed in June. Can this contact of yours check up for others?

egenis

Nah... it'll be 120km round trip from office to Meyerton and back to the office. Rather wait till about 1200 go there and straight home, cuts the trip down to 90km.

Save my company money in the process on my petrol claim ;)

extrusion

When I sent the sms status, I received the following message: Dear Applicant, please contact your center for details regarding your card. I went to Centurion DLTC. Anyone else got this message ?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Reminds me, I need to go check up on mine which I renewed in June. Can this contact of yours check up for others?
I got mine two weeks back, no communication whatsoever about it, I just walked in.