Drivers license renewal

Crabby

Honorary Master
Would be interesting if someone actually had to the balls to challenge these fines for driving with an expired card in court.
Do people still pay fines? Thought that went the way of the TV license.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Do people still pay fines? Thought that went the way of the TV license.
It's much harder to get away with not paying a fine that is issued to you on the roadside as opposed to one that you receive in the post for speeding. That's because a roadside fine will usually have a court date set on it, which essentially means it doubles up as a summons to appear in court if you do not pay the fine. And if you do not pay it, and you do not appear in court on the date mentioned on the fine a warrant of arrest will be issued for you automatically for contempt of court.

"D"

Expert Member
That's because a roadside fine will usually have a court date set on it, which essentially means it doubles up as a summons to appear in court if you do not pay the fine. And if you do not pay it, and you do not appear in court on the date mentioned on the fine a warrant of arrest will be issued for you automatically for contempt of court.
That's why the additional R72 (plus the cost of one passport photo) for a temporary driver's licence issued with a 6-month validity is worth every cent.

Raphael123

Expert Member
Renewal message says I have fines, where can I pay them in Johannesburg?

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
No booking slots in Gauteng...been trying for a few weeks now.

The phones also on lockdown shutdown...no one works anymore nor cares if they don't. Blame covid.

Mine expired 1 year ago...did not now until I was pulled over at road block at beginning of lockdown in March.

Eish.

DsBalsak

No booking slots in Gauteng...been trying for a few weeks now.

The phones also on lockdown shutdown...no one works anymore nor cares if they don't. Blame covid.

Mine expired 1 year ago...did not now until I was pulled over at road block at beginning of lockdown in March.

Eish.
I luckily got a slot open yesterday in Pretoria but they run out quickly and i mean dam quickly u will have to start looking from 7:45 on a Monday morning, as that is when the new slots are added, to give u an idea they are booked up 2 weeks in advance