Drivers license renewal

Crabby

Honorary Master
Would be interesting if someone actually had to the balls to challenge these fines for driving with an expired card in court.

Do people still pay fines? Thought that went the way of the TV license.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Do people still pay fines? Thought that went the way of the TV license.

It's much harder to get away with not paying a fine that is issued to you on the roadside as opposed to one that you receive in the post for speeding. That's because a roadside fine will usually have a court date set on it, which essentially means it doubles up as a summons to appear in court if you do not pay the fine. And if you do not pay it, and you do not appear in court on the date mentioned on the fine a warrant of arrest will be issued for you automatically for contempt of court.

"D"

Expert Member
That's because a roadside fine will usually have a court date set on it, which essentially means it doubles up as a summons to appear in court if you do not pay the fine. And if you do not pay it, and you do not appear in court on the date mentioned on the fine a warrant of arrest will be issued for you automatically for contempt of court.
That's why the additional R72 (plus the cost of one passport photo) for a temporary driver's licence issued with a 6-month validity is worth every cent.

Raphael123

Expert Member
Renewal message says I have fines, where can I pay them in Johannesburg?

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
No booking slots in Gauteng...been trying for a few weeks now.

The phones also on lockdown shutdown...no one works anymore nor cares if they don't. Blame covid.

Mine expired 1 year ago...did not now until I was pulled over at road block at beginning of lockdown in March.

Eish.

DsBalsak

No booking slots in Gauteng...been trying for a few weeks now.

The phones also on lockdown shutdown...no one works anymore nor cares if they don't. Blame covid.

Mine expired 1 year ago...did not now until I was pulled over at road block at beginning of lockdown in March.

Eish.

I luckily got a slot open yesterday in Pretoria but they run out quickly and i mean dam quickly u will have to start looking from 7:45 on a Monday morning, as that is when the new slots are added, to give u an idea they are booked up 2 weeks in advance

Lupus

Honorary Master
Wow for Krugersdorp back in June I was done in 15 minutes, to pick up the license was 2 minutes in late July.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I am going to be honest here.

Zululand is what it is, its slow with no service delivery.

BUT

I was standing in that queue roughly 2-3 hours.

But it was organised. Had some chats with a couple of people.

There were chairs along the way.

It was moving steadily. People were not fighting, swearing, shouting, pushing, shoving....

Once you get to the door you are handed your forms. (usually you can't find it).

Inside it is not crowded.

When someone is trying to push in at the door not wanting to wait like the rest, they are sent to the back of the queue.

The door gets locked so there is no argument.

Taking Zululand for what it is, cause we have to be realistic here, I gladly choose this than what it was like before lockdown.

And if they run it like this on a permanent basis, there will be no more backlogs and I can imagine the amount of stress levels for the employees will be low to zero.

powermzii

Expert Member
Wife managed to get an appointment at Sandton a week ago. Went in yesterday and wa sout in 1hr. Payment took longer as the learners had just finished their tests so we're pushed to the front of the line.

The Sandton spots become available at random times so those in and around JHB just keep trying and checking

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah, not yet ... but what happens when the humidity (and the great newfound reality) sets in later in the year? :popcorn:
giphy.gif

Meanwhile in the rest of the world:
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: "D"

peanutville

Milnerton, CT is a nightmare, 4 hours & 15 mins in queue & doors closed :confused:

Attachments

• msg.jpg
    msg.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 51