Drivers license renewal

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
F...k em. I think my new license my be ready at Stellenbosch but I have no intention of collecting it.

Oldfut

Expert Member
What is the call with actual vehicle licence discs. I have paid through FNB, supplied the documents wanted but no disc :X3:

The Voice

Honorary Master
Holy ****, don't mean to rub it in, but I LOVE living in the First World!

Driver's licence: needed to update my home address, so completed the form online, and had the new card delivered to my door within 5 working days.

Car licence: bought my car a few weeks ago, and licensed it online within a few minutes of the dealership dropping it off at my home. No licence disk to wait for to display, either, as all information is stored in the DVLA database, so at most I had to wait a few minutes before I could drive my car.

Sure beats spending hours in a queue at Bedfordview's licensing centre!

Edit: forgot to mention I've set it up so that it automatically renews every year, too.

McSack

Executive Member
Did my bikes, car and trailer at Norwood post office last week.
Half an hour in and out. Not worth the fee per license of going through FNB our any of the other services

Drivers licenses are another story

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
All learner's licences, driving licence cards, temporary driving licences and professional driving permits that expire during the period that commenced from 26 March 2020 up to and including 31 August 2020 are deemed to be valid and their validity period is extended for a further grace period ending on 31 January 2021.
so mine expires October 2020, if it expired in August 2020 I get until Jan 2021 but as of now the usual timelines apply and GFY?!?

the backlogs aren't going to vanish in the next month or two, wtf are these idiots smoking

kang

Please tell me if we can pay by card or must it be cash? And how much to renew the driver's license.
Do I have to book a slot on the website or can I just rock up in Krugersdorp and do the damn thing?
Mine expires 28 Sept 2020.

powermzii

Expert Member
Please tell me if we can pay by card or must it be cash? And how much to renew the driver's license.
Do I have to book a slot on the website or can I just rock up in Krugersdorp and do the damn thing?
Mine expires 28 Sept 2020.

When i did mine you could pay by card BUT this being a govt institution always carry cash as a backup as the terminals are very likely to be offiline

cronjec

https://rekordeast.co.za/lnn/1143065/no-further-extensions-on-licences-says-transport-department

I am struggling to get an appointment online in Pretoria. Checked an hour late yesterday morning and all slots were gone.

How long are the queues and wait time at Krugersdorp license offices these days?

Got a spot at Waltloo in Pretoria eventually. Waste of time. Stood in line for almost 5 hours then left as there was only one pay point operating and there is no control. People just jump the line and there is absolutely zero social distancing in the queues or waiting area inside nor any security/staff enforcing this.

DsBalsak

Got a spot at Waltloo in Pretoria eventually. Waste of time. Stood in line for almost 5 hours then left as there was only one pay point operating and there is no control. People just jump the line and there is absolutely zero social distancing in the queues or waiting area inside nor any security/staff enforcing this.

Try to get one at Akasia was there a few weeks back took me less than 15 minutes, also check threw the day on natis they open spots at 7 or 8 in the morning on a Monday iirc

"D"

Expert Member
Stood in line for almost 5 hours then left as there was only one pay point operating and there is no control. People just jump the line and there is absolutely zero social distancing in the queues or waiting area inside
You may have been exposed to one hell of a viral load. (Even more so if you also used the loo there at Waltloo!)
How long are the queues and wait time at Krugersdorp license offices these days?
Krugersdorp is listed in the appointment booking system on the Natis online portal, is it not?

Soljaah

Anyone had any success with the eservices portal to renew the car license?
Mine's been showing 'in process' since 3rd September

Nirv

Mine's the same since 2nd September. Should be at most another week, from what I hear from most people, to then find out how much to pay and start the wait for it to eventually arrive.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
So in order to renew my license I need proof of residence.
Don't have water/electricity bill. Have been trying to get hold of someone at the traffic department but phones just rings.
Should I take the renal contract to the police station to get it stamped and try and use that? Don't want to stand in a queue to be told I can't use that...

Loppas

So in order to renew my license I need proof of residence.
Don't have water/electricity bill. Have been trying to get hold of someone at the traffic department but phones just rings.
Should I take the renal contract to the police station to get it stamped and try and use that? Don't want to stand in a queue to be told I can't use that...

You can use a bank statement, whatever address is shown on there they will accept.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Almost 3 months now and I can't be bothered to go back and fetch my new drivers license.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
You can use a bank statement, whatever address is shown on there they will accept.

Ah ok cool thanks

My passport also expired, and my ID went through the wash and destroyed completely, so the only ID I have is an expired passport and expired drivers, going to be a mission sorting everything out

Soljaah

Mine's the same since 2nd September. Should be at most another week, from what I hear from most people, to then find out how much to pay and start the wait for it to eventually arrive.

Still waiting for mine, let us know the time it takes for yours to come through