Driving licence demerit system approved for South Africa

km2

Expert Member
The option for offenders to elect to appear in court to challenge the prosecution has been removed.

Can someone explain what that means in terms of ones ability to challenge the validity of a given ticket and what ones appeal options would be in future?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
The option for offenders to elect to appear in court to challenge the prosecution has been removed.
Can someone explain what that means in terms of ones ability to challenge the validity of a given ticket and what ones appeal options would be in future?

I'd also like to know.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
of course that is fair
poor taxi driver has 65 people in taxi without seatbelts.
:thumbsup:

One of the main selling points of the taxi recapitalisation program was safety. Taxis are amongst major contributors to the road carnage. Some lives can be saved with use of seatbelt.

An ex colleague can attest. Seat belt saved him 3 times (cars rolled). He escaped with minor cuts and bruises in 2.

ekske1

Executive Member

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Cop almost took me off my bike while texting on his phone, he just glared at me when I flipped him off and motioned for him to put his phone down.

Tell me I can give him **** you driving points...

-===If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? What if they screamed all the time for no good reason===-

Last edited:

The Free Radical

I know an acquaintance who mail ordered a fake foreign license.
He uses it at license check stop all the time and says he is visiting his family in SA and now lives abroad.
Has gotten away with this for years. The cops allegedly just wave him through.

He also says when the demerit system comes into being the SA, road traffic authorities can't demerit his foreign license. Could this be true?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I know an acquaintance who mail ordered a fake foreign license.
He uses it at license check stop all the time and says he is visiting his family in SA and now lives abroad.
Has gotten away with this for years. The cops allegedly just wave him through.

He also says when the demerit system comes into being the SA, road traffic authorities can't demerit his foreign license. Could this be true?

His luck may run out one day...