Drone Distance...

Mar Vin

Expert Member
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the furthest distance a Drone can be flown? This is of course to be used personally and in a public area....
I do know that different drowns fly different distances, just not sure if there are any regulations around it all. I've just recently started off with a 150 to 200M distance drone but I'm sure I'd be bored flying it soon.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the furthest distance a Drone can be flown? This is of course to be used personally and in a public area....
I do know that different drowns fly different distances, just not sure if there are any regulations around it all. I've just recently started off with a 150 to 200M distance drone but I'm sure I'd be bored flying it soon.
You can fly it until it doesn't go any further. That's the furthest distance any drone can be flown.

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Just get one that exceeds the distance you are not allowed near schools, that should solve the problem.

Mar Vin

Expert Member
Just get one that exceeds the distance you are not allowed near schools, that should solve the problem.
Thanks @gamer16 that's exactly what I tried getting at. Regulations such as schools and obviously also planes/helis etc....

PaCiFieR

Well, I personally over December, witnessed a guy using a drone for fishing, he flew it around the 600m mark over the ocean. This is in ELN though, doubt there's anyone around to do any enforcement of drone law.