Drop termination rates to 10c in 2014: Cell C

Chingha

Expert Member
Am I understanding this correctly, AKC wants to pay me 10c for each dropped call? I'm going to be rolling in it!

Maxson_N

ICASA should not be intimidated by Vodacom and MTN.. Infact it should regulate the max amount an operator can charge per minute.. Vodacom still charges R2.85 per minute with their Vodacom4Less and they claim that it's cheap. In my area i only get over 65% on-net/50% off-net after 9pm and it drops below 50% after midnight and to well below 20% after 7am.. How's that cheap?.. It means i pay about R2.30 per minute most of the time.. The only reason I'm still using Vodacom is because their network is reliable where i stay..

Mars

Honorary Master
ICASA should not be intimidated by Vodacom and MTN.. Infact it should regulate the max amount an operator can charge per minute.. Vodacom still charges R2.85 per minute with their Vodacom4Less and they claim that it's cheap. In my area i only get over 65% on-net/50% off-net after 9pm and it drops below 50% after midnight and to well below 20% after 7am.. How's that cheap?.. It means i pay about R2.30 per minute most of the time.. The only reason I'm still using Vodacom is because their network is reliable where i stay..

Unfortunately this is the issue with Cell C. ACK is writing cheques that his network cant honor.
I am in the last stage of cancelling my cell c contract early. Its the best priced contract around and I will be paying more for less on any other network, but its USELESS if I cant make a call. Or the calls I can make are so bad I'm paying to say things like "Did you hear that" or " are you still there" over and over. It is getting better, but I just cannot pay R700 a month (plus all the landline to cell calls) and wait while Cell C get their act together.

ACK needs to focus on product delivery.

znh

I do not make a lot of calls like others but I am pretty happy with CellC. I have been on prepaid for the last 4 years with them. Their coverage is not too bad, and there is always Vodacom roaming. It is like having 2 networks for the price of... 99c per minute, sweet deal if you ask me. In rural areas I have noticed the data part is useless sometimes, I guess you can see that as "bad service"

Maybe my phone just supports the "right" frequencies, but I am happy (and the price is good)

znh

I do not make a lot of calls like others but I am pretty happy with CellC. I have been on prepaid for the last 4 years with them. Their coverage is not too bad, and there is always Vodacom roaming. It is like having 2 networks for the price of... 99c per minute, sweet deal if you ask me. In rural areas I have noticed the data part is useless sometimes, I guess you can see that as "bad service"

Maybe my phone just supports the "right" frequencies, but I am happy (and the price is good)

znh

znh

krycor

Honorary Master
Unfortunately this is the issue with Cell C. ACK is writing cheques that his network cant honor.
I am in the last stage of cancelling my cell c contract early. Its the best priced contract around and I will be paying more for less on any other network, but its USELESS if I cant make a call. Or the calls I can make are so bad I'm paying to say things like "Did you hear that" or " are you still there" over and over. It is getting better, but I just cannot pay R700 a month (plus all the landline to cell calls) and wait while Cell C get their act together.

ACK needs to focus on product delivery.

Exactly! This why i haven't ported to them yet, I worry about coverage + quality and their track record isn't good in that respect. Trying to figure out why.. is it that they haven't invested enough or network vendors used, limited towers, frequency or they are just doing a shoddy job?

Their products appear great but i'd rather not take chances with overage + quality.

LPCPT

Why is everyone bitching about cell C's network?
The article is about MTR and I fully support his (AKC) opinion. Forget about his past, what he is doing will make the consumer the winner.

Just choose a network that suits you and pay whatever they charge. I picked Cell C cos I can save a lot of money and I do get reception wherever I go. They are busy improving their network and I think they just got more subscribers than they bargained for (Meaning they are giving the people the right products). Give time and you all will see how the mighty Vodacon and EmtyN come down and smaller CSP's go up.