Dropbox Hits Record Low as Billings Offset Product Revamp

FlashSA

Executive Member
Their entry level paid package is too large and too expensive. If they introduced a cheaper 100GB or 200GB then I'd pay just like I do for Google Drive.

Dropbox strike me as arrogant by not offering smaller packages and their financial results are paying the price.

Last edited:

genetic

Honorary Master
I hate Dropbox - they charge you to access anything larger than 2GB.

I have to pay for a 2TB subscription, as my clients don't know how to use Google Drive. Highly annoying.

Google drive is so much better, and has cheaper options - without placing a 2GB file limit on shared files with non-clients.

Chingha

Expert Member
They seem to be out to either pay or GTFO and as you guys point out there is no reasonably priced way in. Restricting the number of devices linked to an account, forcing this new desktop interface and adding extra steps to get to your files suck.

I prefer it to gdrive in a couple of ways, especially as you can read the longer file names in the mobile app but I now buy space on gdrive instead.

Cut noise and embrace what people love about the produce also, make it affordable, please DB

noxibox

Honorary Master
Even if they did decide to introduce some sensible space options at reasonable prices I'd still be disinclined to pay them after the device restriction stunt they pulled. It would be one thing if they only put the limit in place for new accounts or allowed however many devices I had connected to be my device limit going forward. In other words if I want to connect a new device I have to disconnect an existing one, but if I had ten I can continue to have a total of ten. Instead when I had to reinstall my operating system they treated it as a new device and wanted to reset my total to three if I added the new device. So I moved my files to another service. I also moved my family members off Dropbox.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I hate Dropbox - they charge you to access anything larger than 2GB.

I have to pay for a 2TB subscription, as my clients don't know how to use Google Drive. Highly annoying.

Google drive is so much better, and has cheaper options - without placing a 2GB file limit on shared files with non-clients.
Smart sync is cool. Dropbox are hard to beat.