DStv accused of anti-competitive behaviour: report

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
MultiChoice Anti-competitive??? Well slap me with a wet noodle!

akescpt

Honorary Master
well supersport is its moneymaker. why would they willingly spread their legs and offer toptv easy access?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Please let something come from this! R695 for my rugby fix is way too much.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
As others have said. I hope something comes from this.

nelwa

Expert Member
A blind man can see that Multichoice is anti-competitive...

K3NS31

Expert Member
well supersport is its moneymaker. why would they willingly spread their legs and offer toptv easy access?
They sell Supersport channels to other networks outside SA. Why shouldn't another network inside SA also be allowed to pay for access?
Oh wait, cos that would increase competition - aaaahhhhhh...

McT

The Humble Scot!
The report went on to outline how ODM explains its attempts to gain access to SuperSport 3 and 4 in its complaint.
Well I just don't see how they could do that. Is SuperSport not a subsidiary or part of the Multichoice / DSTV make up?

K

kingrob

Let me throw a spanner in the works....if you were the CEO of Supersport, would you just roll-over and let TopTV take everything, and then tell the Naspers board that you did it to encourage competition in South Africa?

Seriously, would you? :p

Ryansr

Expert Member
Just another day in SA...complaining seems to be the news these days..:whistling:

Nefertiti

Honorary Master
Now what is the chances of Multichoice letting go of channels? Maybe bigger than we think. The IDC has spend a lot of money in ODM, they need to get a return on investment. Pity that government will only fix things if it affects their back pockets.

akescpt

Honorary Master
They sell Supersport channels to other networks outside SA. Why shouldn't another network inside SA also be allowed to pay for access?
Oh wait, cos that would increase competition - aaaahhhhhh...
why would they want to create competition when they dont need to in their backyard.