DSTV - Advertising during live sports broadcast

Niren_M

Does anyone know if DSTV is allowed to reduce the screen/picture size to allow for banner advertising during live sporting events. This has become a huge annoyance, and I see it happens more frequently during the live sports broadcast recently. We are paying a subscription to DSTV for such content, and I think our right to watch the full picture is being violated.

madmax2010

Does anyone know if DSTV is allowed to reduce the screen/picture size to allow for banner advertising during live sporting events. This has become a huge annoyance, and I see it happens more frequently during the live sports broadcast recently. We are paying a subscription to DSTV for such content, and I think our right to watch the full picture is being violated.
I doubt that they are obliged to supply a constant picture size, but I do agree with your feelings since they charge a premium price for sport content.

Roadrunner

Expert Member
What makes you think you have any rights where this is concerned?

It's their product and they can violate it as much as they want to.

The most you can do to combat this is to vote with your wallet and leave them.

Niren_M

What makes you think you have any rights where this is concerned?

It's their product and they can violate it as much as they want to.

The most you can do to combat this is to vote with your wallet and leave them.
Well, I am paying premium for their product/service. I am their customer, and should be receiving the content that I pay for, full screen without interruptions, especially where advertising is concerned. Would it be acceptable if you were at the cinema, and during the movie the screen was halved to make way for frequent banner advertising? I am sure not !

Rosaudio

First Officer
Well, I am paying premium for their product/service. I am their customer, and should be receiving the content that I pay for, full screen without interruptions, especially where advertising is concerned. Would it be acceptable if you were at the cinema, and during the movie the screen was halved to make way for frequent banner advertising? I am sure not !
Have got to agree.

Bighit

Expert Member
Oh well, what about those who want to watch currie cup rugby with 25% of the weeks game being shown exclusively online. No, they will rather broadcast rock climbing