DStv boycott - R10,000 offered for cutting the cord

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
That all sounds nice(it's wrong in many ways,because censoring racist only push them underground, if they are out in the open every can laugh at them) but then you realise they only censored Steve. Is this just the start or is he the sum total of everything racist on both sides of the devide?
I'm with you on this but there is another angle.

You tube has the same problem - by showing the content they are both making money and making money for him.
Even though they are not colluding they can be seen to be colluding with a race bater and even making money off of it.

Yes - I feel the same way about news outlets that sell us articles about Julius / BLF etc

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Yeah - the exact answer I expected. So pathetically predictive.

Quick to rant about supposed justifications for people's behavior yet slow on the uptake with specifics.
If this cause is so near and dear - at least get the statement you folks are trying to make consistent :ROFL:
You folks? Haha, I don't give a flying fsck about Steve Hofmeyer and DStv. I'm neither Afrikaans nor a subscriber for many years and I definitely don't like the music. In fact, I'm not even South African.

I'm commenting on your insulting remarks on someone destroying their DStv equipment being an idiot. If they care enough then good for them. The fact you need to ridicule says more about you than them.

Pitbull

Verboten
Wondering why there is no entry on WIKI yet with the latest Multichoice controversy...

Who's going to be the one to add it?

MEIOT

Expert Member
You folks? Haha, I don't give a flying fsck about Steve Hofmeyer and DStv. I'm neither Afrikaans nor a subscriber for many years and I definitely don't like the music. In fact, I'm not even South African.

I'm commenting on your insulting remarks on someone destroying their DStv equipment being an idiot. If they care enough then good for them. The fact you need to ridicule says more about you than them.
Sure thing bud - keep on keeping on.
Still though - quite pathetic and laughable you can throw out statements and can't back them up.
What does that say about you?

Quick to engage - fall short on follow through.:laugh:
That mentality proliferates....sadly.

People driving over, shooting, ripping off and braaing their decoders are indeed idiotic. Be pragmatic for a change buddy. Let some rationality in.

Last edited:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master

He does feel pretty strongly about is.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Still though - quite pathetic and laughable you can throw out statements and can't back them up.

People driving over, shooting, ripping off and braaing their decoders are indeed idiotic. Be pragmatic for a change buddy. Let some rationality in.
Well I thought it was funny and not having any real thought not their actions, I understood it for what it was.

And FYI, I was ready to engage until you started your bewildered act about something as straight forward as as said statement. But your reply outlined your intent in the discussion and I’m not a performing dog here to provide you entertainment. If you think you throw stupid questions out and I jump for you? Think again.

Move on already. I’m not interested.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Well I thought it was funny and not having any real thought not their actions, I understood it for what it was.

And FYI, I was ready to engage until you started your bewildered act about something as straight forward as as said statement. But your reply outlined your intent in the discussion and I’m not a performing dog here to provide you entertainment. If you think you throw stupid questions out and I jump for you? Think again.

Move on already. I’m not interested.
Like I said - keep on keeping on.

Cheers bud

Swa

Honorary Master
That was funny - I actually laughed out loud - literally. :ROFL:
Why the hostility guy :) I did say I was warming to your side of the argument. Relax. Calm down. The world isn't ending. Despite how much it may seem like your world is crumbling because the afrikaans messiah is on the back ropes.
No - I just hate seeing the country I live in being a laughing stock in the global arena.
The issue is why you are warming to it. Whether it's because of pressure or because you realise censorship is wrong on all levels. I don't think it's the latter.

The only side I'm on is the side of rational and evolved thinking. Thats my team bud.
Sounds much like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Having hillbillies playing out their cult fantasies on a global platform isn't very flattering. As an evolved South African male, the only solace is that, these childish and irrational idiots, are as far removed from the rational mindset that is clearly more prevalent in this country and in this forum.
Yeah definitely SJW.

The mentality indeed does. Thinking there's only two sides, those who are ardent Steve supporters and those being "anti-racism". Not thinking there can be any number of reasons why people could be either for or against it. Your arguing and mentality here reminds me of somethign, those white Afrikaner nationalists in Orania.

MEIOT

Expert Member
The issue is why you are warming to it. Whether it's because of pressure or because you realise censorship is wrong on all levels. I don't think it's the latter.

Sounds much like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Yeah definitely SJW.

The mentality indeed does. Thinking there's only two sides, those who are ardent Steve supporters and those being "anti-racism". Not thinking there can be any number of reasons why people could be either for or against it. Your arguing and mentality here reminds me of somethign, those white Afrikaner nationalists in Orania.
Wow.....you're a whole new level of ignorant. A breed unto your very own it would seem.

You actually labelled rational and evolved thinking fascism?
It's your kind of thinking that leads us down these paths where people braai electronic equipment.

Its evident you are desperately lacking an education where a real definition of fascism is mutually excluded from progressive, rational and evolved thinking.

Once you're done with the dictionary and or thesaurus looking up the words above learning their pronunciation, feel free to learn the meanings of the words so the next time you use them you're fully aware of how you should structure your posts.

English is a tricky language but, I have confidence you can figure it out bud. Here's a hint though, don't use words you don't understand...you'll thank me later ...I promise.

Oh..and another thing guy...SJW....using that acronym doesnt make you sound smart...its overused and you clearly dont know the context of where and how it should be used. Its getting somewhat lame now. Count the number of times you throw that out... when you're done counting....stop using it.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
You actually labelled rational and evolved thinking fascism?
Rational and evolved in your mind only. It's your kind of thinking that leads us to the path of oblivion. You're pretty much espousing all of the "values" of an SJW here. Maybe you should go look at the dictionary definitions.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Free speech = good thing

Repeating every load of bollocks that falls out of people's mouths in the name of "news" = not a good thing

Just because people have a right to sprout whatever beliefs / thoughts / ideas they have does not mean there is an inherent right for them to have a platform in the media.

Stop repeating the newsheadlines, stop posting the 'Did you hear what X said today?' posts. Stop forwarding them. Do not engage with them when you see others repeating them. IGNORE IT!! Give it precisely the amount of airtime it deserves i.e. nothing!

MEIOT

Expert Member
Rational and evolved in your mind only. It's your kind of thinking that leads us to the path of oblivion. You're pretty much espousing all of the "values" of an SJW here. Maybe you should go look at the dictionary definitions.
There you again using that acronym. Already pointed out your ignorance and you respond with more ignorance.

Did you look up the definition of fascism buddy?
Path of oblivion? Do you understand what oblivion means? :laugh:
So.. critical thinking, rational thought and an evolved mindset will lead our species down a path of oblivion in this fantasy world you've conjured up?

Quit while you're ahead guy...we've seen what little, if any, insight you have to offer . You've played your cards and you've come up short.

Research the subjects you you want to engage on. Learn the proper meanings of the words you type out....else it all means...nothing.

Ps: I'm still laughing about the path of oblivion garbage you spouted. If your sentences werent somewhat coherent I'd have sworn you were a 12 year old with your mindset
I find it boring engaging with 12 year old mindsets though....you be you...stay in your bubble....till it pops.

Have a good night

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
There you're still going thinking there's anything critical in your mindset. There's nothing rational nor evolved in putting people in either one of two categories. It's easy to put an SJW in their place, just one or two sentences instead of the encyclopedia you type thinking your drivel says anything.

Ciao

MEIOT

Expert Member
There you're still going thinking there's anything critical in your mindset. There's nothing rational nor evolved in putting people in either one of two categories. It's easy to put an SJW in their place, just one or two sentences instead of the encyclopedia you type thinking your drivel says anything.

Ciao
So then I guess you still dont know what fascism means?
Own what you post buddy. Acknowledge your shortcomings and learn from your mistakes. That's how personal growth works.

Keep using the SJW card if it makes you feel smarter though you're clearly not. Throwing words around though eventually makes the words lose their meaning.

Contrary to what you may believe ...you didnt put me in my place. I gave you solid advice, hope you take heed.

Lots of your type on here...quick to jump in and engage with their idiotic posts and cant follow through with recognizing their obvious shortcomings.

Much too common with entitled members like you with high post counts of garbage yet never adding value to anything. Stupidity isnt easily hidden despite post counts.

Now you can piss off.

Ciao to you too

Swa

Honorary Master
So then I guess you still dont know what fascism means?
Own what you post buddy. Acknowledge your shortcomings and learn from your mistakes. That's how personal growth works.
LOL

Lots of your type on here...quick to jump in and engage with their idiotic posts and cant follow through with recognizing their obvious shortcomings.
Pot + kettle

Much too common with entitled members like you with high post counts of garbage yet never adding value to anything. Stupidity isnt easily hidden despite post counts.
Oh he played the entitlement card. Must mean a lot coming from someone that always wants things in his minority way.

Now you can piss off.
Anger problem much? Like the people wrecking things in videos and Steve's supposed supporters.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Anger problem much? Like the people wrecking things in videos and Steve's supposed supporters.
:ROFL: I think theres something to that observation

Have a good night bud. Great discourse