DStv boycott - R10,000 offered for cutting the cord

rubber_otter

Expert Member
Did MyBB really download, and re-upload that video to their own channel? Swak

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
The guy drove over kit that he paid for and is actually worth something. Idiotic beyond words! Too bad he didn't fall off his roof and break his neck in the process of showing his immature defiance.
Well, it's not like you can do anything with that piece of **** once you cancel DSTV, can you? I mean the ****ing hoops these morons make you dive through to transfer ownership is simply ridiculous.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Well, it's not like you can do anything with that piece of **** once you cancel DSTV, can you? I mean the ****ing hoops these morons make you dive through to transfer ownership is simply ridiculous.
Well you could recycle the hard drive and then keep the remainder on your passenger seat and when someone does something stupid in traffic, chuck it at them, good use if you ask me.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Exactly. I looked into selling my DSTV decoder and the change of ownership process is so onerous that it's just sitting in my cupboard collecting dust now. Will probably just end up throwing it out.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Exactly. I looked into selling my DSTV decoder and the change of ownership process is so onerous that it's just sitting in my cupboard collecting dust now. Will probably just end up throwing it out.
Start a decoder destroy challenge complete with catchy hashtag and challenge people to copy Steve.

Rabobi

Executive Member
I do not understand why people still want to pay R1k a month for DSTV. SA sport is not interesting in any event. I wouldn't even spend R50 to watch rugby, soccer, tennis or whatever. The rest of their channels are s**t in any event.

I would much rather spend that R1k on a Netflix sub, a SA Streams sub, a Rapidgator account and data and I have immediate access to the latest movies, series, games and thousands of TV channels out there.
Very few people pay for anything but the sport. Its by far the best global sport offering. Simple

Stevewarren

Actually they are still gaining subs over all, on the account of majority of downgrading to lower tier packages and new lower LSM customers

The lower tiers have almost no margin where the premium tier is where most the profits made. There business plan doesn't work without the premium bouquet subscribers.

lived666

Executive Member
Very few people pay for anything but the sport. Its by far the best global sport offering. Simple
Other third world countries offer better sports packages at a fraction of a price that DSTV offer their premium service. Their stance against Steve is a joke and I am not fan of the man or his music.

STORMERSFAN

Strange.. Both my decoders were transferred within 2 hours..

Rabobi

Executive Member
Other third world countries offer better sports packages at a fraction of a price that DSTV offer their premium service. Their stance against Steve is a joke and I am not fan of the man or his music.
Ag please, show me one example of this

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Other countries do not have all of the sport with one network and you require several subs to keep up. I'm in Indonesia just now and we have BEIN sports which gives Eniglish premiership, but not FA cup for example. In UK you need Sky, BT Sport for English, and Premier Sport also if you just want to watch all the Scottish football which is spread across all 3 networks. UAE has BEIN and OSN split between football and rugby,.

No, I agree that Supersport is by far the best sports channels I've even seen and I've been in a few places.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
A couple of African countries already get access to MC at a fraction of the price we are paying locally. It seems SA's premium subscribers are financing the business model in Africa.
They are indeed. In many African countries you get a cheap sub with SS3 and 10 giving all the soccer needed. But the full bouquet is just as pricey as at home.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
The guy drove over kit that he paid for and is actually worth something. Idiotic beyond words! Too bad he didn't fall off his roof and break his neck in the process of showing his immature defiance.
Ever checked the second hand value of DSTV decoders on Gumtree? There is a helluva lot being offered and very cheap. No value really. You practically have to give it away.
Better to strip the bloody POS for the hardware parts...especially the harddrive in the Explora.