DStv confirms it will stop airing GlowTV

Utterly Confused

I know a couple people who actually might cancel DSTV for this
I am in the satellite and TV aerial installation business it is amazing how many of my customers watch Glow TV. Multichoice seems to do as they like, stuff the viewers. They took off Animal Planet now Glow TV. Hopefully Multichoice gets what they deserve a mass unsubscribing of viewers.

Fox1

Expert Member
Glow TV Facebook page speaks enough for how much the home-grown channel is a success.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I am in the satellite and TV aerial installation business it is amazing how many of my customers watch Glow TV. Multichoice seems to do as they like, stuff the viewers. They took off Animal Planet now Glow TV. Hopefully Multichoice gets what they deserve a mass unsubscribing of viewers.
No, MC will justify their decision based on market survey information that they claim reflects the viewing habits of their client base .... Where they get that market info is a closely guarded secret as well. The data never seems to match what we watch ....

Hence why we abandoned everything except the OV stuff 6 years ago now almost to the day.

The only issue still outstanding is for the competition to provide a PVR decoder and then the flight will be complete. it is about the only aspect that still keeps me using MC services.

Last edited:

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Found some info:

Glow TV’s contract with MultiChoice is coming to an end, which means the channel will stop airing on DStv from 31 March 2018.
Fans of Indian-specific content needn’t worry – DStv has ensured that there are plenty more telenovelas, talk shows, music and movies to watch on Zee World (DStv channel 166), Zee Bollywood Movies (DStv channel 114) and eBella (DStv channel 159 from 5 March 2018).

Read: New channel eBella coming to DStv

Customers can look forward to Baar Baar Dekho, Dangal, Kahaani 2 and London Dreams on Zee Bollywood Movies, Fire and Ice, Sacred Ties, Lies of the Heart on Zee World and Bin Kuch Kahe, Qubool Hai, India: A Love Story, Fatmagul and Tanto Amor on eBella. And on Telemudo Prisoners of Love and Lord of the Skies .

Other channels on DStv that also offer Indian specific content include Zee World on DStv channel 166 – it’s available to customers from DStv Family upwards. All DStv customers also have access to some of the latest Bollywood blockbusters on BoxOffice.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
It is a niche market CH but appeals to a few million South Africans.

Bernie

Expert Member
If the contract term has ended, why should MC (or any company for that matter) be forced to continue with the contract, unless I misunderstood this.

Fox1

Expert Member
If the contract term has ended, why should MC (or any company for that matter) be forced to continue with the contract, unless I misunderstood this.
They are ending the contract prematurely. The contract ends towards the end of the year.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I wonder how many Indian Uncles & Aunties canned their DSTV subscription today...