• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

DStv customers to get SuperSport for free for a limited time

Geoff.D

Executive Member
You do know that DStv is busy running a trial 4K streaming service at the moment? Giving plenty of problems though. Browser incompatibility, and server issues ...... Pity they don't first FIX their normal streaming services before trying to get fancy .......

Fransh

I guess you're the type person that companies need to do the interest breakdown and calculation for when they buy on credit because they can't understand that buying on credit costs more...
Hey you decided to get personal. Clearly some nerve was struck.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's this type of dishonest cherry picking that pisses me off.

A tv license for dstv but not for netflix? I guess all those netflix lovers use their big ass tablet and laptop screens. Both services are inadequate for a decent experience. There's a whole big world of content outside these 2.
A screen without a TV tuner card i.e. a monitor, does not require a TV licence.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
OT but to all those on myBB (and there are many), There is currently a process underway to review the Broadcasting Act, and the ECA as it impacts on broadcasting, which includes a review of the funding models for public FTA broadcasting.

So now is your chance to make your voice heard about using tv licences as a source of funding for a public broadcaster.

Last edited:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Dear DSTV,

Thank you for allowing me to watch the World Cup Final on SuperSport as oppose to Welfare Channel 1.

Much Appreciated.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Dear DSTV,

Thank you for allowing me to watch the World Cup Final on SuperSport as oppose to Welfare Channel 1.

Much Appreciated.
SABC 1 was/is in HD so, the quality was superb! Just as good if not better than any of the existing Supersport channels. The commentary was a general world feed. The studio commentary did not intrude on the games at all. And we got to see most of the games involving African countries as well as the quarter finals, semis and the final.

Akafreakazoid

Dear DSTV,

Much Appreciated.
Dear DSTV

Thank you for allowing me to watch the MotoGP, Wimbledon final and the WC final all on the same afternoon.

Much appreciated.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's this type of dishonest cherry picking that pisses me off.

A tv license for dstv but not for netflix? I guess all those netflix lovers use their big ass tablet and laptop screens. Both services are inadequate for a decent experience. There's a whole big world of content outside these 2.
A screen without a TV tuner card i.e. a monitor, does not require a TV licence.
Nobody said the opposite dude
Netflix is not a TV broadcast i.e. streaming using data to a device that is not capable of receiving a TV signal i.e. no TV licence required.

You can of course stream to a TV, then you do need a licence to use the TV as it is a device that is capable of receiving a TV signal. Same with having a decoder receiving a TV signal and connected to a TV or monitor.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Netflix is not a TV broadcast i.e. streaming using data to a device that is not capable of receiving a TV signal i.e. no TV licence required.

You can of course stream to a TV, then you do need a licence to use the TV as it is a device that is capable of receiving a TV signal. Same with having a decoder receiving a TV signal and connected to a TV or monitor.
Yeah,sure...if you want to engage in straw man arguments.

Now read my "cherry picking" post again, it is a pretty clear response to what i was quoting.