DStv cuts affordable Dstv Premium package with KykNET

Bad1

Yup I watch a few sports (usually the ones that don't involve balls :p ) but even with no sport there's still enough to keep me happy for now. Inb4 all the bot this bot that kack.

As long as they don't ever break through the R1000 a month barrier though..
this multichoice bot don't like balls

Wasabee!

Expert Member
They even cut the History Channel because they were going to air a program on DSTV itself.

Dave Eden

DStv cuts affordable package with KykNET
Dit is vir my verstommend dat dat Multichoice hul net eenvoudig afvee aan diegene wat hul werklik onderhou. Engels het die ideale beskrywing van hierdie aksie, tw. Multichoice you are biting the hand that feeds you. Dit gaan dalk help om hierdie onwetlike monopolie tot ’n val bring. Die hele aksie van die verwydering van DStv Select en verskuiwing na DStv Compact Plus is :
  • Die verwydering van KykNet wat tans een van die nees populêre kanale is, juis omdat dit Afrikaans is.
  • ’n Geldmaak storie. ’n Verhoging van 95.8%
  • ’n Blatante rassistiese ideologie
  • Duidelik Anti-Afrikaans
# Multichoice must fall

Ashishd380

Those Bollywood Channels are good value for money for DSTV, four movie and the entire day's schedule is filled up
Ahh but did u know u get free Bollywood channels on YouTube for free,my mom had DStv Indian until they put the price up,just pay for data is way cheaper then what we payed for on dstv

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Ahh but did u know u get free Bollywood channels on YouTube for free,my mom had DStv Indian until they put the price up,just pay for data is way cheaper then what we payed for on dstv
Yup, when my granny had to stayed with us for a month or so a few years back , I downloaded her serials off YouTube for her. My uncle used to subscribe to Yup TV before Telkom canceled his ADSL line. BTW Yup TV plus a vpn is a cheaper alternative to watching the IPL than DSTV premium

Anti-Chris

I had select a couple of years ago aswell... Was a very nice package with Nickelodeon, Kyknet and various other good channels....
Then DSTV started cutting the channels one by one and not replacing it with the channels that replaced the channels on other packages.... That is why I decided to deactivate my DSTV, bought openview and a bigger internet package. Now I download what I want to watch and watch it when I want to.
They know that Afrikaans sells and with Kyknet on a cheap package, they lose subscribers to the premium package.
I just dont think, most of the remaining Select customers will switch to premium... They will rather just go with the family package or cancel altogether.

Ashishd380

I had select a couple of years ago aswell... Was a very nice package with Nickelodeon, Kyknet and various other good channels....
Then DSTV started cutting the channels one by one and not replacing it with the channels that replaced the channels on other packages.... That is why I decided to deactivate my DSTV, bought openview and a bigger internet package. Now I download what I want to watch and watch it when I want to.
They know that Afrikaans sells and with Kyknet on a cheap package, they lose subscribers to the premium package.
I just dont think, most of the remaining Select customers will switch to premium... They will rather just go with the family package or cancel altogether.
That's the same thing we did we cancelled DStv Indian in February, and bought an Android box with a data contract my mom watches Bollywood on YouTube we also have open view which is free

Ashishd380

Yup, when my granny had to stayed with us for a month or so a few years back , I downloaded her serials off YouTube for her. My uncle used to subscribe to Yup TV before Telkom canceled his ADSL line. BTW Yup TV plus a vpn is a cheaper alternative to watching the IPL than DSTV premium
What else is on yup tv I'm not really a fan of the ipl