DStv destroys Netflix – Subscribers in Africa

ekske1

Executive Member
No Cellc's black?

of course bradley's netflix is the only vod in south africa :laugh:

SWM

How can they compare MultiChoice to Netflix? 2 different offerings.

Obviously Netflix'x reach in Africa might be behind. Probably because of poor connectivity options and Netflix might not have much content that appeals to users in African countries. But in SA MC are well behind, especially since the rollout of fibre.

Load of nonsense from MC.....

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I am so confused. If Netflix has been destroyed, can I get my money back or do I need to request a refund?

Is there an investigation into it's destruction? Will Multichoice be held liable? Was this physical destruction? Is there a murder investigation? If so, was Bradley Prior one of the instigators?

Also, with Netflix being destroyed, who is currently hosting their servers, as I still have access? Or, has someone else been impersonating Netflix the whole time, and I never actually subscribed to the real Netflix? If that's the case, what shows does the actual Netflix have?

So lost :(

ekske1

Executive Member
I am so confused. If Netflix has been destroyed, can I get my money back or do I need to request a refund?

Is there an investigation into it's destruction? Will Multichoice be held liable? Was this physical destruction? Is there a murder investigation? If so, was Bradley Prior one of the instigators?

Also, with Netflix being destroyed, who is currently hosting their servers, as I still have access? Or, has someone else been impersonating Netflix the whole time, and I never actually subscribed to the real Netflix? If that's the case, what shows does the actual Netflix have?

So lost :(

Can't be; for this level a senior journalist is required: Jamie?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The straws your pulling at are hopefully the environment friendly non plastic straws because you using a lot

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
As fibre spreads, so will Netflix.

They shouldn't boast about their numbers as it is now, especially with Showmax being offered for free to DSTV customers. They should be concerned about what's to come.

Their numbers are dropping and Netflix's are increasing - there's no running away from that...

Superjakes

Expert Member
But how does it compare to TopTV? How about Bop TV? One can make all sorts of irrelevant comparisons.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
That does not stop them from crying foul, at the drop of a hat and wanting government to protect them, shameless.

Lol.. i was thinking the exact same thing. They have complained for year(s) now about Netflix competition.

And wait till DSTV doesn't have monopoly on sport.. ouchies. Then they are fooked.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Comparing apples and oranges.

Also how many years has DSTV being operating in SA vs Netflix :unsure:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Lets look at the bigger picture - globally DSTV has 13.9 million subscribers, Netflix has 137 million... safe to say DSTV isn't destroying anything.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
YAWNNNNN!!!! I have destroyed both Netflix and DSTV with my personal collection of series - 1943 complete series (with no seasons or episode missing) and 1711 documentaries. Beat that.....

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
YAWNNNNN!!!! I have destroyed both Netflix and DSTV with my personal collection of series - 1943 complete series (with no seasons or episode missing) and 1711 documentaries. Beat that.....

hmm.. everyday new stuff gets released. Saving tv episodes (and movies) on your hdd is so 2010....

dualmeister

Honorary Master

I used to be you. But then hard drives got too expensive :ROFL:

Last edited: