DStv destroys Netflix – Subscribers in Africa

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
No such thing as Piracy. This is the way I watch my series. I do not share, upload or give them to anyone else. Nothing illegal.

But yeah, give me that badge.

No need to, you like giving yourself that badge...

Downloading and storing movies and series is last decade son, the world has evolved

ekske1

Executive Member
YAWNNNNN!!!! I have destroyed both Netflix and DSTV with my personal collection of series - 1943 complete series (with no seasons or episode missing) and 1711 documentaries. Beat that.....
When do you launch your vod?

greg0205

Honorary Master
YAWNNNNN!!!! I have destroyed both Netflix and DSTV with my personal collection of series - 1943 complete series (with no seasons or episode missing) and 1711 documentaries. Beat that.....

2005 copper applauds you. 2019 fibre is wondering how long we'll still be seeing posts like these.

hangover-calculations-gif.gif

R13...

Honorary Master
Nice massaging of numbers. The really relevant info for an investor roadshow would have been their growth rate in comparison with the encroaching competition.

stefan9

Executive Member
Lol. If they were destroying Netflix they wouldn't be crying about them.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Maybe in your mind that is legal, but not in the real world.

Yeah dude, time and again people keeps saying that. But, each time I ask them to point out the specific law which outlaws downloading and/or possession of 'pirated' material everyone fades away. And, I know why. Because it is not illegal.

deesef

Expert Member
Nice! IMDB lists 3 shows with the name "1943":
- One Russian series (16 episodes)
- One German short story (only 1 episode)
- One American short story (only 1 episode).

When referring to 1943, the complete series; Which one of these do you have? Not sure if you deserve bragging rights, even if you downloaded all 18 episodes?

PS: if you're still on dialup, then it is probably a great achievement.....

R13...

Honorary Master
Go and read up the law. Piracy is not a criminal offense in SA hence legal.
It not being a criminal offence doesn't make it legal. There are copyright laws that prohibit piracy, it may not be a criminal offence in certain respects but you can still be held liable, civilly, under those provisions.

ekske1

Executive Member
huh? supporting the government...? SAY WHAT!
Please tell us how to avoid paying taxes for one. Your tax money directly funds racism; or have you succeeded in starting a counter government. If not none of these; you are in full support of a terrorist entity and inasmuch as legal as lewd's downloading.

stefan9

Executive Member
It not being a criminal offence doesn't make it legal. There are copyright laws that prohibit piracy, it may not be a criminal offence in certain respects but you can still be held liable, civilly, under those provisions.

Legal per its definition refers to criminal law...

Also show me the case where any private individual has ever been prosecuted in SA for pirating (not distributing).

HennieWelkom

Please tell us how to avoid paying taxes for one. Your tax money directly funds racism; or have you succeeded in starting a counter government. If not none of these; you are in full support of a terrorist entity and inasmuch as legal as lewd's downloading.
You must be a woman... No this post makes sense.

Mars

Honorary Master
Netflix subscriber numbers are based on “digital TV research estimates”, said MultiChoice, as the company has not released official figures.

Hur Hur Hur