DStv Flex - is it what you've been waiting for?

Are you impressed by the planned DSTV Flex package?

• Yes - it's just what I've been waiting for

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • It needs tweaking before I'll subscribe

Votes: 40 16.8%
  • Unimpressed

Votes: 164 68.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters

Jola

Honorary Master
You won't get that anywhere in the world (legally). F1 by itself is R140.

I seem to recall that I can get it for R95 (79*14.5/12) directly from F1, but ok.

Leave the F1 out, but I won't pay more than R299 for Rugby and Cricket. Probably not even that.

And I have zero interest in their movie/series, I use Netflix/Prime/Showmax(sometimes).

So that probably means that I can never subscribe to DSTV again (I was a subscriber for many years).

Last edited:

SuperMario

I must be doing something wrong. Tried it out for the Italian GP and it was buffering in the grid walk already.
And it's not 4K either, 1080p and still doesn't have an app for Samsung Smart TVs so you need a Chromecast or you have to hook up your laptop.
You don't need a chromecast, I cast directly to my Samsung smart tv from my windows 10 pc.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I just want a sports package. Everything other option is meaningless when we stream Netflix and Prime. When Disney+ comes next year, it will be obligatory in our house. So even less reason to get anything other than a sports package.

A package of 2 - 3 mainline sports at R 150 - 250 is closer to what I want. Until then, I am in the unimpressed camp.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
And if it never comes?
If it never comes, I will not be watching much. If it is RWC final, I will watch it in a pub/restaurant somewhere. I did that in 2019. I was fine with the arrangements like that.

I have been without sport in the house for about 2 years now. Apart from missing cricket, I am quite fine for indefinitely being without.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Nah.
VPN plus Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITVHub, TVMucho for the news channels and USTVGO for the yank channels.
I only pay for the VPN, Netflix and Mucho - comes out to under R450.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Nah.
VPN plus Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITVHub, TVMucho for the news channels and USTVGO for the yank channels.
I only pay for the VPN, Netflix and Mucho - comes out to under R450.
And the threat to legally clamp down on such VPN usage?

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
And the threat to legally clamp down on such VPN usage?
I'm with Nord. We had a bit of a bobble a couple of weeks ago, but they handled it and everything went back to running smoothly.
If that's the worst they can do I'm not worried.