DStv Flex - MultiChoice's plan for a configurable DStv Premium service

PaulMurkin

Apparently uncapped internet was also impossible.
Guess what happened?
Yup, this is what happens when accountants and corporate greed are in control of a company. When a company's purpose is to fund the lavish lifestyle of a CEO and to enrich shareholders while telling the subscribers F U

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
The R299 excludes 2 decent channels. Mnet Movies 1 and 2. You pay extra R99 for it. That brings the total up to R398 for all entertainment. Not sure exactly what else is excluded because I don't see it on the DSTV website to compare with. It's expensive compared to streaming.

You can get Netflix UHD @ R169 + Showmax R99 per month + Amazon prime R90 for R358.

It's difficult to accurately compare content though so it depends on what you watch really and whether streaming/viewing it with ads or no ads.

Also does DSTV flex work on decoders and dstv streaming or is it just streaming? If it includes everything then using it on a smart tv to watch catchup might be a good deal actually.

Don't forget to add Disney+ next year, probably +/- R120 and its still better value than DSTV.

Charlesjjm

That R299 is not too bad. But, then you have to add the R110 access fee to make DSTV usable, so no thanks.

PaulMurkin

And when you go back to them from streaming guess what?
You still have to put up with the same shyte hardware, with crappy firmware and signal that disappears in the rain.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Price is a little high but I'd give the entertainment package a shot.

It's going to have to be available via streaming because my dish hasn't fared too well since netflix came along.

DSTV Dish.jpg

cavedog

Honorary Master
That R299 is not too bad. But, then you have to add the R110 access fee to make DSTV usable, so no thanks.

I think they need to scratch the access fee completely. They need to have flex with the choices they mentioned and you should be able to access all of it via streaming and DSTV explora then it might actually be good. I can't see it competing with streaming services though just can't.

Peon

Expert Member
I reckon they all patting themselves on the back at monochoice HQ.

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
I figured it out, this is a pathetic attempt by MC to try and trick people into thinking their standard packages are good value for money.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Lol

DStv-Flex_Thinus-Ferreira.jpg
Does not go far enough in flexibility