DStv in danger of becoming the budget option

RudderVator

Expert Member
Their only noteworthy offering is sport as we know.

And im very very close to cancelling. The amount of ads we need to watch is getting stupid. And it will only get worse.

If i see that pnp cnt one more time on a squeeze ad, im done
Its like the Baldwin, Cobra, LottoStar and Santam adverts during Carte Blanche.

Wait for things to show up on catchup so I dont have to hear Baldwin and their Kark one more time:sick:

Taxed

I would have dumped DSTV a long time ago if there were good local sports streaming services.

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
Their only noteworthy offering is sport as we know.

And im very very close to cancelling. The amount of ads we need to watch is getting stupid. And it will only get worse.

If i see that pnp cnt one more time on a squeeze ad, im done
I havent seen an ad in years, but then again its been years since I cancelled DSTV.

KenESA

DStv subscribers becoming less valuable

South African TV expert Thinus Ferreira believes that MultiChoice's subscribers are becoming less valuable. This is what the data shows.
For many years, as a DSTV Premium subscriber, I would receive an annual 'survey' email from Multichoice.
Every year I stated that although the company name was 'multichoice' this is exactly what their customers did not get!
I only want to pay for the channels that I want to watch!
If Multichoice had taken the trouble to remodel their business 20 years ago, they would have a LOT more subscribers watching their (preferred) sports channels and Multichoice would be in a better financial position.
Now, as a pensioner in a complex, I happily pay the R390 monthly subscription for the 'Stay Essential' package which includes all the sports channels.
Multichoice lost R100K from one subscriber in 20 years... Do the math.

KenESA

DStv subscribers becoming less valuable

South African TV expert Thinus Ferreira believes that MultiChoice's subscribers are becoming less valuable. This is what the data shows.
For many years, as a DSTV Premium subscriber, I would receive an annual 'survey' email from Multichoice.
Every year I stated that although the company name was 'multichoice' this is exactly what their customers did not get!
I only want to pay for the channels that I want to watch!
If Multichoice had taken the trouble to remodel their business 20 years ago, they would have a LOT more subscribers watching their (preferred) sports channels and Multichoice would be in a better financial position.
Now, as a pensioner in a complex, I happily pay the R390 monthly subscription for the 'Stay Essential' package which includes all the sports channels.
Multichoice lost R100K from one subscriber in 20 years... Do the math.

Neville Wright

Comments regarding load shedding are misleading I have installed a 10KW solar battery system NiCad batteries are guaranteed for 15 years. I had it all installed 2 years ago, my elect bills are zero for 8 months of the year, the other 4 months are about R1500.00 a month. My system has almost paid for more than half the cost of the installation and inverters solar panels etc. Nothing as far as load shedding is going to change and get worse. We have had no interruption of power. It can run 2 rooms of underfloor heating for 4 hours, with no under floor heating or oven and full air conditioning.. Well worth it my wife often works from home so she has no problem lead acid batteries are a waste of time. Think of getting a small system that you can add to. I am considering another 10KW system so off the grid. To hell with Eskom and its thieves, and all the handouts to the poor where Eskom do not dare to go and cut the power. These people were on a strike yesterday demanding free power from Eskom. We the others all have to pay. There is no money for new power stations, both reactors in the Cape are down for 22 months. Some operator switched a 700MW turbine in correctly to the grid and it exploded 4 to 5 years to fix. All my children are living in the UK or NZ.