DStv launches M-Net Binge channel to entertain South Africans during the lockdown

Hanno Labuschagne

Expert Member
Staff member
DStv launches M-Net Binge channel to entertain South Africans during the lockdown

MultiChoice has launched a new DStv channel called “M-Net Binge – The Home of HBO” to help South Africans get through the 21-day national coronavirus lockdown.

“MultiChoice and M-Net have conjured up a must-watch pop-up channel with only the best of the best content from the HBO stable,” MultiChoice said.

“M-Net Binge – The Home of HBO, channel 114 on DStv Premium and Compact Plus, showcases full seasons of edgy, award-winning series as well as a selection of riveting documentaries and HBO Original films.”

daveza

Honorary Master
“‘Why 12 hours only?’ series aficionados may ask,” MultiChoice said.

“Only because of the racy nature of the channel and the age-restricted material, which is not suitable for daytime viewing.”
They are kidding right ?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Nice gesture though. Aaaah.
If they where making available to the previously disadvantaged, instead of the currently disadvantaged - it might have had some value, but then I don't think they ( previously disadvantaged ) have much appreciation to that material anyhow.

Maybe a binge setup for the town ship crowd to help keep them inside and off the streets would be more valuable. During the current situation. Crap like Isidingo et-al.

bwana

MyBroadband
Yep, typical South African response, try and upgrade you current customers, instead of going after new ones, it is road of least resistance.
I'd have been impressed it they had made it available for free to anyone with internet access via DSTV Now.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I'd have been impressed it they had made it available for free to anyone with internet access via DSTV Now.
That would have been a good way to get, people watching series, and getting them hooked, when lockdown ends, the bug would have bitten, and you would get a fair selection of new customers.

Unreal

No thanks. I’m gonna use this time for self introspection. A new me is coming out after these 21 days. True story