DStv lifts its suspension of Nando’s “Diversity” ad

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
lol... so somebody actually finally sat down and watched the ad... and went "WTF, why did we ban this?" :D

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I'm sure this had nothing to do with TopTV airing it :rolleyes: Anyway it's old news now, and the ad got more publicity by banning it.

Yuu

Executive Member
I haven't seen it yet, am i missing something extraordinary ?? All i saw was a snapshot of that guy from The Gods Must Be Crazy...atleast i think it is that guy :D

aapkop

Expert Member
Nandos say NO to DSTV

Now it's Nando's turn to tell MultiChoice to take a hike, with the chicken fast food chain - extremely upset with how the pay TV platform dealt with the issue of suddenly yanking its anti-xenophobia "Diversity" TV commercial off the air - saying it definitely won't be advertising on MultiChoice's DStv channels.

Nando's is upset with the way in which MultiChoice handled the matter. Three weeks ago the SABC suddenly decided not to broadcast Nando's booked new "Diversity" TV advert. Whilst MultiChoice showed the ad for 4 days, MultiChoice suddenly followed the SABC and instituted a self-imposed ban on Nando's advert. e.tv followed.

Civil society and public freedom of speech pressure groups severly criticised MultiChoice, the SABC and e.tv and slammed South Africa's broadcasters for not wanting to show the ad which addresses the vexing issue of intolerance towards non-native South Africans.

Then On Digital Media (ODM) announced on Wednesday that Nando's approached them and that Nando's TV commercial will be shown across multiple TV channels on TopTV from Thursday. A day later, today, MultiChoice suddenly announced that the pay TV platform has lifted its self-imposed "suspension" of Nando's ad and that it would "reinstate the flighting of the commercial shortly".

Not so fast, says Nando's. Nando's says MultiChoice won't get its money again or be asked to show the TV commercial.

Nando's says it is upset with the way in which MultiChoice dealth with the issue and that MultiChoice won't be approached again to show its commercial on DStv channels and that Nando's is of the believe that MultiChoice only reversed course becauase TopTV agreed to start showing the advert from Thursday.

http://teeveetee.blogspot.com/2012/06/breaking-stuff-it-multichoice-says.html

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Good on them... i wish more people and companies would wake up and refuse to do business with that "criminal" company! :)

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
i don't get it. i thought monochoice was under the impression that all its subscribers are retards? i quote their press release: "all our subscribers are retards".
(you had to read between the lines)

marine1

Honorary Master
I'm sure this had nothing to do with TopTV airing it :rolleyes: Anyway it's old news now, and the ad got more publicity by banning it.

Completely agree

Excellent - well done Nandos

Good on them... i wish more people and companies would wake up and refuse to do business with that "criminal" company! :)
+1000