DStv Now launches Xbox and Hisense TV apps

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
DStv Now launches Xbox and Hisense TV apps

MultiChoice has announced that two new versions of its DStv Now app have been released, one for the Xbox One and another for Hisense TVs.

"Usage of DStv Now is increasing rapidly with more than two million plays of live and Catch Up content per week," MultiChoice said in a statement.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Seems MultiChoice head is up apples A$$

That makes little to no sense whatsoever. :confused:

EDIT: DSTV launched apps for the Apple TV, Android boxes, and smart TVs at the same time.

Last edited:

Forza

How did you make it work? @cavedog

I downloaded the app on my xbox one and it indicated I must log in to now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code that displays. However when I log onto dstv now I don't see any place to enter this code.

Could it be because I used 4 devices already and need to delete one before I can add the app on my xbox? Does the dstv now app appear as a device on dstv now?

Last edited:

Speedster

Honorary Master
How do I get this on my hisense tv? I searched in the app store without any success

StoneCold

Expert Member
How do I get this on my hisense tv? I searched in the app store without any success

Are you sure your app store on the TV is set to South Africa? If not, modify it in your region settings (if available).

Yashvir7

Hi, it is available for Hisense models manufactured in 2018 and going forward. I recently purchased a Hisense model manufactured in 2018 and when I purchased it, the app was not on there as it was not released. The day it was released the App came up on my TV. I did not have to search or install it manually. I hope this helps.

Yashvir7

Hi Guys,

I have the app installed on my Hisense TV. It works quite well and the picture quality is good considering I have tried streaming on the highest band and have a 10MB Fibre line.

I do have one issue though, it seems as if the aspect ratio on the app is slightly off. The picture looks too "zoomed in" if that makes sense. I have tried changing the ARC on the TV and it does not change anything and the App does not have an ARC option. Is anyone else experiencing the same or does anyone have any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Aharon

Honorary Master
Hi Guys,

I have the app installed on my Hisense TV. It works quite well and the picture quality is good considering I have tried streaming on the highest band and have a 10MB Fibre line.

I do have one issue though, it seems as if the aspect ratio on the app is slightly off. The picture looks too "zoomed in" if that makes sense. I have tried changing the ARC on the TV and it does not change anything and the App does not have an ARC option. Is anyone else experiencing the same or does anyone have any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Which model do you have?

Sammy69

I downloaded the app on my xbox one and it indicated I must log in to now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code that displays. However when I log onto dstv now I don't see any place to enter this code.

Could it be because I used 4 devices already and need to delete one before I can add the app on my xbox? Does the dstv now app appear as a device on dstv now?
Any luck yet? Have the same problem

werfie

Expert Member

Go to now.dstv.com
Log in with you account, you are redirected to https://now.dstv.com/.............
Change to https://now.dstv.com/tv
Now enter code

Works great on my Xbox!