DSTV Now Streaming in 1080p

Rendier

Expert Member
Hi there,

Has anyone else notice a crazy improvement in the streaming quality of DSTV's online content? I am streaming Supersport and it actually looks like 1080p quality without any buffering. Is this them preparing for 4k streaming?

Let me know your quality. Thanks

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hi there,

Has anyone else notice a crazy improvement in the streaming quality of DSTV's online content? I am streaming Supersport and it actually looks like 1080p quality without any buffering. Is this them preparing for 4k streaming?

Let me know your quality. Thanks

Nope. Just tried a few SS channels and the quality is still pretty poor.

How much bandwidth was being used while you were streaming? Which channels specifically?

RedhotNeo

Expert Member
The 1080p video still needs alot of work to be done. Compression vs quality is not that great. No buffering but pic still distorts.. Hopefully in the near future dstv will improve their algorithms for video

steco777

Don’t they use variable bitrate streaming? Which means it will stream quality dependent on your line speed .

ahmedomar

So are you saying the quality is not the same as watching on the traditional dish setup?

I'm looking to move to streaming and I'm concerned about live football watching

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So are you saying the quality is not the same as watching on the traditional dish setup?

I'm looking to move to streaming and I'm concerned about live football watching

Not even close. Dish looks way better.