DSTV Now website bug - watch Supersport for free

jamjamdave

I recently found a bug on the DSTV Now website that allows me to watch all the SuperSport channels even though I haven't paid. It doesn't involve any clever hacking, just a series of DSTV Now menu options clicked in sequence.

I thought about telling DSTV about the bug in exchange for them upgrading my mom's DSTV package to the Premium version, but so far no-one at DSTV is interested. I've phoned and Facebooked them - with no response.

Any advice?

jamjamdave

Ja, but then you have joy for a day and then it's gone.
I figure it would be nice to get something tangible that doesn't actually cost them anything - I don't think upgrading a package costs them money?

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Trying to negotiate with terrorists eh? Let us know how that works out for you.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
ja no, good on you for wanting to report but they're unlikely to honour any such agreement

Thor

Honorary Master
I see a fat lawsuit coming up.

Goodluck OP, mybb have your email address and IP (which reveals your billing details from your ISP which reveals your FICA documents.)

Bighit

Expert Member
Reminds me of when I found a way to book cheap tickets on safair. I did message them but it took them a whole year to get back to me after I continued buying cheap tickets. Basically you would look for a cheap flight in the future, then hit the navigation buttons on the date picker to the actual date you wanted, but it still booked it at the cheap price from the far dated date in the future from your original search.

Christo4

I recently found a bug on the DSTV Now website that allows me to watch all the SuperSport channels even though I haven't paid. It doesn't involve any clever hacking, just a series of DSTV Now menu options clicked in sequence.

I thought about telling DSTV about the bug in exchange for them upgrading my mom's DSTV package to the Premium version, but so far no-one at DSTV is interested. I've phoned and Facebooked them - with no response.

Any advice?

They know you are telling a white lie. :popcorn:How about sharing it with a member of good standing -maybe Thor - as proof.

jamjamdave

I
Reminds me of when I found a way to book cheap tickets on safair. I did message them but it took them a whole year to get back to me after I continued buying cheap tickets. Basically you would look for a cheap flight in the future, then hit the navigation buttons on the date picker to the actual date you wanted, but it still booked it at the cheap price from the far dated date in the future from your original search.
I had a similar situation about 5 years ago with an MTN dual sim: I had a 2GB per month package but I got unlimited data on the 2nd sim (in the days when it was R100/Gb). I reported it twice to MTN but they did nothing. I got unlimited data for about a year until it stopped...

jamjamdave

Sounds like extortion to me...

I don't see how this is extortion. I'm not doing anything illegal. I'm not hacking their website or anything. I'm just clicking on a sequence of menu options and then watching SuperSport. I don't have an obligation to tell them that they have a flaw in their system. If they want that information from me - then I have a price. Otherwise they can pay experts a lot of money to search for days/weeks and maybe they don't find the flaw. Seems like a good deal to me that they merely upgrade a package for the info. Lots of online companies offer incentives for finding flaws in their security systems.