DStv Premium is excellent value for money

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
DStv Premium is excellent value for money

DStv Premium is excellent value for money, MultiChoice South Africa CEO Calvo Mawela has told MyBroadband.

His statement follows MultiChoice reporting a decline in the number of DStv Premium subscribers in South Africa during its past financial year. The losses were attributed to competition from online services like Netflix.

DStv’s subscriber base is growing overall, however, and it is adding subscribers at the bottom of the market on packages like DStv Access – which is R99 per month.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Lol. Who is this multimillionaire to tell the masses what constitutes value for money? He's completely disconnected from the man on the street.

ekske1

Executive Member
Afrihost late; but multi choice first, or with more colorful greens? :D:twisted:

ekske1

Executive Member

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Only for sports extremists, who buy fake cam rips and have shyte broadband.

Milano

Honorary Master
Eish your own figures show that DStv Premium is overpriced and outdated.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
The number of Naspers puff pieces MyBroadband has been running lately is a bit disturbing.

The USD or GBP equivalent of DSTV Premium is competitive with all-inclusive cable options in the US and UK. So from that perspective, DSTV ain't bad. But US and UK customers are cutting cords like mad and moving to better value options.

Until DSTV provides an all-inclusive 1080p streaming service that isn't badly priced, I'm not particularly concerned with anything they have to say about their circumstances. The writing has been on the wall for years - if they aren't ready to deploy such a service soon then they are truly under woeful leadership.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I am a little perplexed by the messages from MC over the past 2 weeks. Previously they thought it acceptable to blub out some fluffed explanation (e.g. on repeats and increases) and that was it. Why now all of a sudden do they feel some urge to explain and justify their service so feverishly? It can't just be due to declining subscribers, or can it?

Mister 44

Executive Member
I totally agree. If I had to choose between paying R900 for DSTV or paying R900 to have by testicles removed with a rusty spoon, I think I'll go with DSTV 8/10 times.

Johand

Expert Member
I am surprised they are not losing customers faster... unless you watch sport or live in a place with not internet there is zero reason to get Dstv...

Splinter

Honorary Master
Only for sports extremists, who buy fake cam rips and have shyte broadband.
See, it's posts like this that actually make me defend DSTV. :p

I am not a sports "extremist"; but I do love my sports. And while my broadband had got better to 10mbps, and am hopefully about to get fibre (hoo ha!) at what I hope is 200/200, I still will use DSTV.

I do not need DSTV as an excuse to pirate.

Lol no.
It's the only easily workable option for them. It's still piss poor value for money.
No it is not. Easily good value for money.

I do not need DSTV as an excuse to pirate.

Anyway, starting to get a bit (more) tired of being told what I am as a DSTV subscriber, so expect a bit more of a pushback from me for all you folks just bitching about DSTV because it justifies your piracy.

Edit: :p