DStv price and channel comparison - Compact vs Family

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

MultiChoice recently announced its annual price adjustment, which will see the prices of all its packages, besides DStv Premium, increase on 1 April.

While the price increases of DStv Compact Plus and DStv Compact were below the 4.7% average inflation rate for 2018, other packages will receive above-inflation increases.

Leftfoot

Expert Member
Ok DSTV free for over 3 years......but hypothetically....
gimme 10 channels (my choice) @R3.87 per channel
R38 bucks.... now that's reasonable

SilverCode

I really wish we had competition in the paid TV space so MyBB had someone else to write about.

Reactions: Jan

ekske1

Executive Member
Another day, another DSTV article :(
It is like your daily dose racism in the good olde South Africa. You can't go without it, when you think you've outrun it it finds you :laugh:

dj2381

Expert Member
Partner content? , they must be getting paid well for these DStv ads, either that or some so called "journalists" have a hard on for monopolychoice, this site has become pathetic, I'm out.

chefdude98

Expert Member

MultiChoice recently announced its annual price adjustment, which will see the prices of all its packages, besides DStv Premium, increase on 1 April.

While the price increases of DStv Compact Plus and DStv Compact were below the 4.7% average inflation rate for 2018, other packages will receive above-inflation increases.
Vumatel is probably the most common or most popular infrastructure provider.

Uncapped 10/2 on Vuma is R549 on Rocketnet & Dstv Compact is now R400.

That is what your article should be about. Dstv is will lose Compact subscribers when Fibre is gains momentum.

Swa

Honorary Master
Look at the difference in price between packages and how few channels you get extra. The price per channel is actually a lot higher then.