DStv prices vs SA inflation - 2000 to 2020

system32

Expert Member
Thank goodness for FTTH + Netflix and other streaming platforms giving consumers options over Monochoice.

Makes Monochoice reconsider there inflated prices.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
You can't compare anything to inflation, FFS. Rather compare it to my yearly net-increase (increase - medical increase - everyfokkingthingthatgoesup)

kang

I cancelled DSTV ages ago and have never looked back.

(Just as this article is mandatory with every DSTV price increase, so shall the above statement be.)

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I guess it's almost payday at MyBB with all these DSTV articles.

Or—now hear me out for just a second—MultiChoice has recently announced its annual DStv price increases and we have new data to report on.

Rather compare it to my yearly net-increase

This would actually be a really great index to have. I wonder if people would be willing to share their annual salary data (somewhat anonymously).

Currently the best measures we've got for that are the statistics reported by places like P E Corporate Services. If I use their percentages, DStv comes out looking better.

Just as this article is mandatory with every DSTV price increase, so shall the above statement be.

Fair enough.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
This would actually be a really great index to have. I wonder if people would be willing to share their annual salary data (somewhat anonymously).

Isn't that reported on mybroadband.co.za every 2 weeks?

Yskasmetnstoof

Here's the trick: When the opportunity is there hike the price as high as you possibly can. Then you can increase it under inflation fir years and claim it's cheap. And, hey, there are thousands if suckers born every day.
P.S. What does Netflix charge and by the way, Netflix has a new season of Narcos.