DStv reverts FliekNet to pop-up channel - and pops it down

I realized that DSTV premium was not good value for money, so I downgraded. Now I realize that these lower-end packages are even less value for money. Cancelling is the only option.

This is another blow.
Dstv is taking away channels and loading us with crap. I'm a Muslim and I watch itv. Now it's gone. Retro channel was good to bring back fond memories. Gone
Dstv should rather give us a choice of what we the viewers want. Every person is different so let us choose. Dont shove rubbish down our throats and expact us to pay. It's time for change. No wonder dstv lost lots of viewers to other alternatives.
If you want itv, get Britbox.

So much hate for Afrikaans content. As a non afrikaaner I don’t get it.
Personally I blame Leon Shuster.. everybody thinks Afrikaners are like he portrays us in his movies.

Oh well, didn't really watch it. And you can only watch so many Afrikaans movies before getting gatvol. You can only take so much Faan se Trein and Ballade vir 'n enkeling...

Am kinda hyped for this tho:

Great to see more Turkish content.
I am well and truly confused - when did Afrikaans people start loving dubbed Turkish soap operas?

Is this the 'Telemundo' stuff showing on DSTV (dubbed in English)?

I am well and truly confused - when did Afrikaans people start loving dubbed Turkish soap operas?
Not soapies per se, but mostly dramas and other genres here and there. In the early stage of the pandemic, eMedia experimented with dubbing a few Turkish series in Afrikaans. It was a smash hit amongst Afrikaans people, and people loved it (including me, which got me into Turkish series in general).

That's why you often hear of Afrikaans-dubbed Turkish series nowadays since it's very popular.

Not soapies per se, but mostly dramas and other genres here and there. In the early stage of the pandemic, eMedia experimented with dubbing a few Turkish series in Afrikaans. It was a smash hit amongst Afrikaans people, and people loved it (including me, which got me into Turkish series in general).

That's why you often hear of Afrikaans-dubbed Turkish series nowadays since it's very popular.
Ah, ok.

Reminds me of the 'old days' when we got a ton of dubbed Netherland/German shows/movies on SABC.

Excellent movie! David Minnaar did a very good job of portraying the troubled Eugene Marais. I watched it twice in a short time space.
I loved it so much I went and bought the DVD to add to my collection.

Back