DSTV ripoff by not sending DISH magazine

donn_edwards

It seems that I'm not the only one not getting my DISH magazine even though I pay my monthly DSTV subscription. See http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?p=51911#post51911

Since you can't get through to the enquiries number (011 289 2222 has been permanently busy for days) I'm wondering what the most effective way of solving this problem is?

Do we write to info@newmediapub.co.za and WebEnquiries@multichoice.co.za or try and claim R12 (the cover price) each time we have to buy the darn thing at the Spar? I wonder how they would respond to a Small Claims Court case every month?

Does anyone have some creative suggestions? I just sent the following email:

>>>

Sent: 05 June 2010 11:50
To: info@newmediapub.co.za
Cc: WebEnquiries@multichoice.co.za
Subject: Missing or late DISH magazine

Dear nameless, faceless DISH editor

I am a DTV subscriber who pays R526.72 every month to watch DSTV. In order to choose the programs and movies I want to watch, I find your magazine helpful and informative. So why do you send it late or not at all? Why does my local Spar always have a copy before I do?

Is this bloody-minded incompetence or a deliberate strategy to increase sales from 2741 to 2742 ?

What steps do I need to take to ensure that my magazine actually gets delivered? Sue DSTV for R12 every month until they comply? Blog about it? Fly down to Cape Town to get a copy and sue DSTV for the cost of the airfare?

Please advise
Donn Edwards
<<<

Last edited:

skusku

well i dont use mine. I do get it late though. I just use the tv guide. Anyone wants mine?:D

donn_edwards

When I finally got through to the call centre I managed to get R24 credit for the two magazines I had to buy to replace the onces that didn't arrive.

You have to yell at the supervisor before they will do this, though. It's sad.

Next month I will demand a refund pro rata for each day the magazine doesn't show up.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
well i dont use mine. I do get it late though. I just use the tv guide. Anyone wants mine?:D

Didn't get June's guide but I have an unopened pile gathering dust. Just give me my R12 back so I can buy one extra Castle a month, please.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
It would be nice if the TV Guide actually worked properly. And I'm told (by DSTV) that the TopTV guide is better. LOL see http://care.dstv.com/main.aspx?ID=1889

Oooh! I've seen the TopTV guide at my local pub. It looks awesome. On my DSD 1110 I sometimes sit for 5 minutes until it brings back up to date information. Honestly, at almost 15 years you'd think DSTV could have at least go that bit right...

donn_edwards

I got the usual standard response from DStv. Clearly they couldn't be bothered.

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologise for the delayed response.

Kindly note that the monthly magazines are normally posted to our subscribers 10 working days prior to month-end. After the magazines have left our depot for the post office it becomes impossible for MultiChoice to control the delivery or monitor the process of delivery. We therefore rely heavily on the postal service for the timeous delivery of subscriber correspondence.

Please furnish us with a smart card or customer number in order us to send a magazine to you.In the interim you can access the 8 day viewing electronic TV programme guide by press the TV guide button on you remote.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards
L Abrahams
MultiChoice Enquiries Team

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I get it every month and look where I live.

edit: At my work we receive people's mail who don't even work here and those include DSTV magazines.

Last edited:

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I'm actually about to send a complaint to ASA. Just discovered the "40 CD-quality audio channels" aren't available when using the HDPVR.

EPG is also broken. WTF - how can you offer an HD service without testing the product properly.

Kheiron

I know it's out of the way for some but you can get the Dish guide for free from any Multichoice office.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
I got the usual standard response from DStv. Clearly they couldn't be bothered.

That's definately an automated response there.

It works better if you go to DSTV's offices and complain to a real person.

Cancelling your dstv is also an option.