DStv streaming a mess after app update

akescpt

Honorary Master
in SA you cant just install the latest update..leave it for a couple of weeks of outcry then check if its been addressed...especially stuff that's used daily..like streaming and banking...

this also applies to phone system software

Luke7777

Executive Member
So DSTV is not having issues then?
If you are fine then everyone should be fine?
The reverse is also true.... If you're not fine, then everyone else shouldn't be either ? :D He was just stating that on his viewing platform it was fine.... not sure why you got your knickers in a knot ......

ProfA

Honorary Master
Does the app ever get updated on SMART TVs? Because it's utter **** on my Samsung.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
DStv streaming "total shambles" after app update

DStv rolled out an update for its streaming app on Wednesday, 13 October 2021, and several customers have taken to social media and the Google Play store to voice their frustrations with the changes.

The update features a completely revamped app but has made it more difficult to stream, even on high-bandwidth fibre connections, and several posts suggest DStv's troubleshooting steps don't help.
You get what you vote pay for.

Brian_G

Executive Member
This is one of the reasons why Netflix is more popular than either DSTV or Showmax.
Netflix just works, even on rooted or non Google-certified devices.
DStv's Multichoice are involved with security protection of content worldwide so have to be more ass about it.
Not that it excuses their regular software disasters, and that sad since it was quite well created before they insisted on putting some race politics before skill (semi-inside info).

Brian_G

Executive Member
Another related screw-up - their Rewards program is a farce for some as it turns out that you can only claim most rewards if you either have the App or are willing to travel to their service centres to claim it. Ridiculous.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Does the app ever get updated on SMART TVs? Because it's utter **** on my Samsung.

nope dont think so

i have it on my xbox as well and works fine

much better for me other than the shows and times dont update well but its now got a full channel and tv guide view which i think is better than before