DStv takes aim at movie, TV series piracy

Sonic2k

Executive Member
*sniff* boooohoooo *sniff*

What's wrong MonoChoice, are your profits down because people are sick of your monopoly?

F**K YOU ARSEHOLES! BITE ME!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
DStv takes aim at online piracy

MultiChoice’s latest DStv Box Office campaign highlights some of the pitfalls of pirated movies and illegal DVDs.

Apart from the fact that it is illegal, MultiChoice points out that pirated content is often of inferior quality and can ruin your viewing experience

Sinbad points out that pirated content is often of superior quality to DSTV's highly compressed broadcasts, and the frequent DSTV ad breaks with VOLUME SET 100% HIGHER THAN THE PROGRAMME'S can ruin your viewing experience.

MickZA

Executive Member
Don't have DSTV and didn't bother watching the clips in the article so I guess I won't be subjected to this drivel.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Sinbad points out that pirated content is often of superior quality to DSTV's highly compressed broadcasts, and the frequent DSTV ad breaks with VOLUME SET 100% HIGHER THAN THE PROGRAMME'S can ruin your viewing experience.

Yes Monochoice, because we buy our pirated cam-release DVDs from the nigerian on the street corner.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Yes Monochoice, because we buy our pirated cam-release DVDs from the nigerian on the street corner.

Only people in the East Rand still do that. Then again, they still use dial-up.

Mochagal

:whistling: still so glad i cancelled my DSTV....streaming is so much better and the quality is awesome too

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
At least their campaign only targets their subscribers…

IceQB

Expert Member
Hi I am IceQB, I have been DSTV FREE for the past 3 years.
I am loving my HD series & Bluray movie downloads, watched at my own time & in great quality!

heartbroken

Expert Member

Fkkit,don't get me started on the ad breaks.

herbertk

Expert Member
I am a big MyBB fan but the 7 Multichoice advertisements (aka "articles") a week are becoming quite annoying.

cozinsky

Expert Member
DSTV if you price your product reasonably, people will actually subscribe to your service and not pirate contents. R780 (with extraview) to get all the movie channels is excessive. A recent article by MYBB showed that R360 or so is reasonable for premium. Until you have not dropped your prices, my Explora will sit idle.

chewiesw

Expert Member

Adverts kill the whole experience. I also get to choose my quality in most cases. I get to hord my shows if I wish to. The only thing MC has over me is reliable HD Live sport.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
DSTV if you price your product reasonably, people will actually subscribe to your service and not pirate contents. R780 (with extraview) to get all the movie channels is excessive. A recent article by MYBB showed that R360 or so is reasonable for premium. Until you have not dropped your prices, my Explora will sit idle.

So just for a similar sports package as what you're getting on premium on Sky in the UK works out to R890 pm.. This doesn't include movies or series or anything of the like.

Yeah. We're being ripped a new one.