DStv unlocking 18 sports channels for all subscribers this weekend

Gazg

Lmao.......realized the game is up, trying to reel in a few more subs.

marine1

Honorary Master
DSTV you fked the SA public for years, you can take your free open time and shove it up your rear ends. Even if you gave DSTV away for free forever I still would never support you again

Sukkafool

Funny

Instead of making a list, they could have just said that "We are opening all our sports channels, except for the most sought after channels, Channel 201 and 211 which is where all the rugby will be on this coming weekend"
This!
.......because in their eyes everyone is stupid. Much like the new flex option, its all smoke and mirrors. The ONLY card they have to play is the rugby. They neatly package the new flex options so that they end up losing very little in terms of subscription prices in comparison to what it is now in the vain hope that everyone really is dof.
I despise this company.

Utterly Confused

DSTV you fked the SA public for years, you can take your free open time and shove it up your rear ends. Even if you gave DSTV away for free forever I still would never support you again
I’m in the TV/Satellite installation business and many of my customers are telling me that Multichoice is phoning them offering a two year Price Lock deal. Me thinks, that Multichoice is now getting desperate in trying to stem the flow of subscribers getting rid of their DSTV.

handyman007

Ok, I am one of the minority with a full DSTV explora package for round about R 900. If I would happen to phone them to ask to cancel my account, would they be interested in offering me a better deal? Or will they just cancel my account?

Gudnews

Expert Member
Ok, I am one of the minority with a full DSTV explora package for round about R 900. If I would happen to phone them to ask to cancel my account, would they be interested in offering me a better deal? Or will they just cancel my account?
One way to find out.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
@Jan
Do you have an insider there that can pull stats at Multichoice?
It would be very interesting to see how many people are streaming Sports from DSTV this coming long weekend compared to a normal weekend seen as most of us red blooded South Africans will be out and about enjoying Sunshine, Braai and the Outdoors on this glorious weekend coming up :thumbsup:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
They'll cancel.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Sponsors demand exposure.
It's crazy at the prices they ask for subscriptions that they have any adverts at all.

The worst is those side panel ads during sports events, cutting into the already pathetic resolution and increasing the compression artefacts.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
On paper, this sounds nice. In reality, I'll be in the bush and no connectivity.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It's crazy at the prices they ask for subscriptions that they have any adverts at all.

The worst is those side panel ads during sports events, cutting into the already pathetic resolution and increasing the compression artefacts.
One if the top irritations for me is DStv's own ads, promoting DStv Premium, when you're already a Premium subscriber.

• Sad
Reactions: "D"