DStv won't play any channels. Uncertified Google device.

Tezzo

Hi,
I have a MyGica TV box where I can't play any DStv channels because I have an uncertified Google Play Store.
I had to download the DStv app from APKPure because it wasn't available on the Play Store.

I tried using the Device ID app to register my Google Service Framework (GSF), but after disabling the Google Play Store and clearing the Cache and Data, and then enabling the Play Store again from the Apps settings.
I reload the DStv app and it plays the channels for about one minute, then when I play any channel, there is an error: uncertified Google Play Store.

Please help, Thanks.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Hi,
I have a MyGica TV box where I can't play any DStv channels because I have an uncertified Google Play Store.
I had to download the DStv app from APKPure because it wasn't available on the Play Store.

I tried using the Device ID app to register my Google Service Framework (GSF), but after disabling the Google Play Store and clearing the Cache and Data, and then enabling the Play Store again from the Apps settings.
I reload the DStv app and it plays the channels for about one minute, then when I play any channel, there is an error: uncertified Google Play Store.

Please help, Thanks.

Don't know what the issue could be, sorry.

I will however suggest you rather buy a certified Google device, such as the Ematic AGT419 or Xiaomi MiBox S instead and save yourself the hassle of struggling like you're doing at present. Both are fairly decent priced at the moment on Takealot:

and

I see the MiBox is bit higher priced now compared to what it was last week. The Ematic has a built-in Ethernet port, memory card reader and 2x USB ports, whereas the MiBox only has WiFi and 1xUSB.

Get the Ematic (if funds allow), you'll thank me later :)