DStv's new streaming limit will make SuperSport much worse than ESPN and Sky Sports

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member

Raphael123

Expert Member

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I wish they could explain how they are "losing money" to password sharing. If my family has DSTV and I use a stream every now and then, oh whoop do doo. You need to have internet first so there is the "bandwidth" cost already not DSTV's problem. If they were worried about servers being overloaded then sure, but that's more oversight than anything else.

Netflix lets me have one high-quality account for the whole family, as it should be on multiple devices at the same time.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Waiting for the April 1st announcement that they have been forced to increase rates because ad revenue has fallen...

Pegasus

Honorary Master
“We will not limit the number of people using a login, however, we are limiting the number of people who can stream at the same time,” MultiChoice explained.”

Cool, so next year I won’t be allowed more than two people in the lounge when DSTV is on.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

Dan C

Honorary Master
I wish they could explain how they are "losing money" to password sharing. If my family has DSTV and I use a stream every now and then, oh whoop do doo. You need to have internet first so there is the "bandwidth" cost already not DSTV's problem. If they were worried about servers being overloaded then sure, but that's more oversight than anything else.

Netflix lets me have one high-quality account for the whole family, as it should be on multiple devices at the same time.
The problem is not with individuals watching DStv Now. Big problem is with the IPTV pirate sites.

grok

Honorary Master
No help moaning they don't care, but if you unsub your unhappiness will show in their dropping subscriber rates.

What you gonna do? Cry, or hike that big boy/girl/theiyr're panties and do the only thing that'll bring about change?