Dual monitors using Remote Desktop

Arthur

Honorary Master
Ever since Remote Desktop 6 came out I've been using Remote Desktop with dual monitors (using the mstsc /span command). The only minor irritiation is that it turns the remote desktop session into one large desktop on the two screens, whereas the ideal is a spanned split session.

Now I've found a solution: Splitview.

The personal version costs $39 but for me is well worth it. There's a 30-day trial version.

For those MyBBers who use dual monitors with remote desktop sessions and who want a more rational spanned dual monitor remote desktop, check it out. Pretty nifty.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Yes, I know MultiMon Taskbar - that gives you multiple task bars on multiple monitors. Splitview does something different. It's specifically for use with Remote Desktop, and allows one to get a split spanned dual/multi monitor in your remote desktop session. So, if say your main system has dual monitors, you can start a remote desktop session linked to another computer and get the remote system's desktop to use your dual monitors.

greggpb

Expert Member
I have been using, for a while now, a script for Autohotkey to achieve the same goal.

The hi-res splitter.ahk

Ps this is a free solution

Last edited: