Dual sim funtion blocked from MTN and Vodacom

waynehooper

I have a dual sim Galaxy s20 from Flipphone, that suddenly after 3 months is blocking Vodacom voice calls on sim1 slot. My Fnb sim works perfectly in sim1 slot.

Luckily the Vodacom sim works in sim2 slot. Is there anyone from MTN here who can check my IMEI to see if somehow it has become locked to Mtn on Sim1.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Funny thing is they actually advertise as dual sim sometimes but lock it anyway..... one more reason to NEVER take a contract again.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Get this here for R1 999. Dual sim and quite nice for it's price.

marioat1

Expert Member
I have a dual sim Galaxy s20 from Flipphone, that suddenly after 3 months is blocking Vodacom voice calls on sim1 slot. My Fnb sim works perfectly in sim1 slot.

Luckily the Vodacom sim works in sim2 slot. Is there anyone from MTN here who can check my IMEI to see if somehow it has become locked to Mtn on Sim1.
Check your settings on device, check your simcard that, that is working and that you haven't gone and put it into international roaming mode.
If it worked for 3 months, it's an ID ten T error in all probability.

waynehooper

Check your settings on device, check your simcard that, that is working and that you haven't gone and put it into international roaming mode.
If it worked for 3 months, it's an ID ten T error in all probability.
Discovered since that SIM1 is blocked/blacklisted for MTN and Vodacom due to a payment problem with the original purchaser (weird that FNB works), and is being resolved at the moment.

Thanks anyway for your wisdom and calling me a ID ten T.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Discovered since that SIM1 is blocked/blacklisted for MTN and Vodacom due to a payment problem with the original purchaser (weird that FNB works), and is being resolved at the moment.

Thanks anyway for your wisdom and calling me a ID ten T.

The actual simcard or the sim slot linked to the IMEI wahtever number?

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Discovered since that SIM1 is blocked/blacklisted for MTN and Vodacom due to a payment problem with the original purchaser
And people mock you on the For Sale threads for pointing out that they can't sell contract phones while the contract is still active.

BTW did you know that you can change IMEI numbers on most phones?

waynehooper

And people mock you on the For Sale threads for pointing out that they can't sell contract phones while the contract is still active.

BTW did you know that you can change IMEI numbers on most phones?
They have offered to refund me, but as the matter will be resolved soon I have opted to wait a bit. If it carries on, then I will ask for a refund.

It's a new phone with a two year warranty, so I don't want to play around with the IMEI numbers yet :)