Durban advocate who stole a bar fridge, kettle, vase, and two lamps convicted for theft

mojoman

Expert Member
Anyone know what hotel that was? How did staff not notice a guy wrestling a fridge from his room to car? Unless it is one of those with detached buildings where you can go to your room without going through common areas. The magistrates commission or NPA should have him fired for mental incapacity because I am not sure what other than being retarded could explain his behaviour.
I suspect it was not a bar fridge with stock otherwise house keeping would have checked on his departure to see what he had eaten and had to drink? (warning NEVER take drinks from the mini bar....generally prices are just crazy!)

Dudlu

Expert Member
Lol...Years ago I used to be in the conference industry...we did a week long conference for a large municipal group...who stole as much as they could from the fancy hotel we had booked them into....bibles...hairdryers...gowns...towels....linen...cutlery...crockery....you name it and it was missing...Pain in my ass as our commission was held back because of this...
Side note but why does this hotel have bibles?

eg2505

Honorary Master
end result of the ANC's 30% pass for maths.
or did he do his lawyer "stuff" at Costco,

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Side note but why does this hotel have bibles?
I've never been to a 5 star hotel but many of the lesser hotels and lodges I've been to have bibles in the rooms. Some even have complementary condoms as well.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Never seen the condoms tbh. Are you sure that was not a hotel that charges by the hour? No judgement.
I can't name it but it was one of the popular chains; a 3 star establishment. It was the government issue condoms. Maybe maintenance and housekeeping got a little freaky and left them in the room, but they were there for the entirety of my stay.

I think it was in Midrand or Randburg. I can't recall which.

Reactions: rh1

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
R10k fine, its lekker to steal in RSA
viva ANC :love:

EDIT: Oh wait the entire sentence is suspended for 5 years
Lekker Lekker

Reactions: ES1

rh1

Expert Member
Back to topic, wtf, goes through their heads, studied hard, do articles etc. To throw it away.

Maybe he even cheated on his exams. Let alone, people he chose not to prosecute, he is the type of person open to bribe to make cases go away.

But, even if you have skelm tendencies, to throw it away for such a measly amount, does he not understand risk vs reward.

Reactions: ES1

R13...

Honorary Master
Back to topic, wtf, goes through their heads, studied hard, do articles etc. To throw it away.

Maybe he even cheated on his exams. Let alone, people he chose not to prosecute, he is the type of person open to bribe to make cases go away.

But, even if you have skelm tendencies, to throw it away for such a measly amount, does he not understand risk vs reward.
I think as someone stated above, he ****ed up. He is in a position or trust where any sort of criminal record should end career. Can't trust him not to be on the take, too many prosecutors and magistrates at the lower courts take money to throw cases, and lawyers apparently even pay for their clients to get bail. Quite possible the sentence was constructed for him to keep his job, I hope I am wrong.