Durban advocate who stole a bar fridge, kettle, vase, and two lamps convicted for theft

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Kara said the court sentenced Matshoba to a wholly suspended sentence because he had paid for the stolen items and was a first-time offender.
Absolutely mind-blown! He should held to account to higher standard.

If not done already, he should be barred from practicing law again. Suspended sentence does not remove the fact that he is a common thief.

Mekon

Expert Member
This country is a joke. a goddam joke. Just another African shythole. An utter misery of a cuntry run by konts

R13...

Honorary Master
This country is a joke. a goddam joke. Just another African shythole. An utter misery of a cuntry run by konts
Lol it's bad but is this the case that breaks the back for you? Do some whooosahs, the sky ain't falling. Do some googling and you'll feel better seeing worse elsewhere. You're welcome.

mojoman

Expert Member
Lol...but its sunny and warm outside and almost summer so it cant be too bad..... :laugh:

Cray

Honorary Master
I've either never been in one that has them or never cared enough to notice.
They are usually miniature ones, next time you are in a hotel look in the drawers, have seen plenty in my time.

R13...

Honorary Master
R15-30K a month and cant afford a kettle, vase, two lamps, a minifridge and some snacks?

What is this country becoming, people are stealing for the sake of stealing....

View attachment 1137476
He's a senior prosecutor and a doc I saw says, a senior public prosecutor earns in the range, R 983 019.00 per annum (Total Cost Package) to R 1 536 567.00 per annum. This guy at 57 is probably one of those middling types so must be earning near the middle of that.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
He's a senior prosecutor and a doc I saw says, a senior public prosecutor earns in the range, R 983 019.00 per annum (Total Cost Package) to R 1 536 567.00 per annum. This guy at 57 is probably one of those middling types so must be earning near the middle of that.
Thats way way worse!

Grant

Honorary Master
Anyone know what hotel that was? How did staff not notice a guy wrestling a fridge from his room to car? Unless it is one of those with detached buildings where you can go to your room without going through common areas. The magistrates commission or NPA should have him fired for mental incapacity because I am not sure what other than being retarded could explain his behaviour.
I've travelled a lot and stayed in countless 5star hotels (generous employer).
I have a formidable collection of Bath gowns (perhaps a fetish). I do however let the hotel know I have taken it.
In the overwhelming majority of instances the hotel says not to worry. On a couple of times they want reimbursement & I have them add it to my card.

The challenge is to get the big thing into my already overpacked luggage.

A bar fridge is really next level.

The obvious question is did this man really think nobody would notice a missing fridge.
A bath gown maybe, perhaps a pillow - but a fridge?
He may as well have gone full retard and loaded up the bed and curtains as well.

Frikking slacker doing a half job!!

RonSwanson

Executive Member
I think as someone stated above, he ****ed up. He is in a position or trust where any sort of criminal record should end career. Can't trust him not to be on the take, too many prosecutors and magistrates at the lower courts take money to throw cases, and lawyers apparently even pay for their clients to get bail. Quite possible the sentence was constructed for him to keep his job, I hope I am wrong.
Oh come on, you want to tell me you've never thought of nicking those fluffy white gowns with gold embroidering ("His" and "Hers") on the back? Or even those fluffy white slippers?

RonSwanson

Executive Member
I've travelled a lot and stayed in countless 5star hotels (generous employer).
I have a formidable collection of Bath gowns (perhaps a fetish). I do however let the hotel know I have taken it.
In the overwhelming majority of instances the hotel says not to worry. On a couple of times they want reimbursement & I have them add it to my card.

The challenge is to get the big thing into my already overpacked luggage.

A bar fridge is really next level.

The obvious question is did this man really think nobody would notice a missing fridge.
A bath gown maybe, perhaps a pillow - but a fridge.
He may as well have gone full retard and loaded up the bed and curtains as well.

Frikking slacker doing a half job!!
Yeah, you get a room with "His" and "His" gowns.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I suspect it was not a bar fridge with stock otherwise house keeping would have checked on his departure to see what he had eaten and had to drink? (warning NEVER take drinks from the mini bar....generally prices are just crazy!)
LOL, reminds me of an incident many, many years ago. This chap probably had his first stay in a "proper" hotel, the Ritz Protea, no less. :laugh:

Within 5 minutes of being shown his room, he invites his colleague over for "some drinks". They proceed to hit that fridge. Hard. Quite a while later, the SO and I (being the senior officials for our region, Eastern Province) check up on whether everything is OK and whether everyone has settled in properly.

Upon reaching said room it was quite obvious that these two were far gone. When they heard that the drinks were indeed not free, they almost shocked themselves into instant sobriety! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Suffice to say that they went home much poorer than when they arrived.