Durban nurses accused of going on spending spree with dead patient’s business bank card

ponder

Honorary Master
Durban nurses accused of going on spending spree with dead patient’s business bank card (iol.co.za)

DURBAN – Two male nurses are due to appear in court today after they were found in possession of personal items of deceased patients.

According to the police, both men are employed at private hospitals, one in Berea and the other in Umhlanga,

KwaZulu-Natal SAPS spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbele said a businessman tipped police off after noticing that money was being used from a joint business account, he shared with his business partner who had been admitted to hospital.

"According to the complainant, he noticed that his partner's card was being used while he lay in hospital.

“The card was still used even after he passed away," Mbele said.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Depending on your age or mental state, my late grandfather used to keep a paper with it in his wallet, because he could not remember it anymore
I have on multiple occasions been approached by old gentlemen seeking assistance with ATM. Some had their PINS written on a piece of paper.

Upon drawing my attention, they'd start handing me the piece of paper and a card before they even explain their predicament. Each time, I'd politely decline, try to educate them about the dangers of their actions before referring them to bank staff. Security also refused to assist.

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Saving your PIN on your cellphone :eek:
Nope, just tap and pay. The default limit for some tap and pay cards before a pin is required can be pretty high(my default was R1k and it was an opt out rather than in) , so poor bloke maybe didn't even know it worked?

Cereal_Killer

Forging
I have on multiple occasions been approached by old gentlemen seeking assistance with ATM. Some had their PINS written on a piece of paper.

Upon drawing my attention, they'd start handing me the piece of paper and a card before they even explain their predicament. Each time, I'd politely decline, try to educate them about the dangers of their actions before referring them to bank staff. Security also refused to assist.
My grandmother or one of us started to accompany him to the ATM when he wanted to draw money for precisely that reason

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Nothing is safe or secure in SA

You are just butthurt that they are from private hospitals and you cannot moan about the ANC, SA is just second price.

Last edited:

Vorastra

Expert Member

You are just butthurt that they are from private Hospitals and you cannot moan about the ANC, SA is just second price.
How do we know they aren't ANC supporters who work for a private hospital. :unsure:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
They could also be AA/BEE candidates, something for Hemi to work with.
Viva...ANC...viva
No, that's DK

What happened to the colourful text and weird punctuation guy?

His posts DDOS'ed my one neuron each time..