Durban nurses accused of going on spending spree with dead patient’s business bank card

GreatWmR

Nope, just tap and pay. The default limit for some tap and pay cards before a pin is required can be pretty high(my default was R1k and it was an opt out rather than in) , so poor bloke maybe didn't even know it worked?
I believe the default is R300, with Capitec, FNB and Standard
Don't see many Tap and pay users with Nedbank and ABSA in my shop so can't really say for them

Dan C

Honorary Master
I believe the default is R300, with Capitec, FNB and Standard
Don't see many Tap and pay users with Nedbank and ABSA in my shop so can't really say for them
I'm with Standard and my default is R500

chrisc

Executive Member
I have on multiple occasions been approached by old gentlemen seeking assistance with ATM. Some had their PINS written on a piece of paper.

Upon drawing my attention, they'd start handing me the piece of paper and a card before they even explain their predicament. Each time, I'd politely decline, try to educate them about the dangers of their actions before referring them to bank staff. Security also refused to assist.

Same here. There is an ATM outside Nedbank. I told the fellow to rather go inside. He said he had been there but was chased out

I went inside with him. The aggressive lady at enquiries told asked why he was back, she told him to go outside. I asked her if she always spoke to old people like that. She got up and walked off. After a bit I found the person in charge (there are no more bank managers). She apologised and took him to a teller where he was given the cash he wanted

I wrote an email to Nedbank "Ask once". Apart from an auto-acknowledgement, I received no reply

ForceFate

Honorary Master
From their parents to the ANC, in good time we will eventually arrive at blaming them for their own deeds.
Can I blame movies and video games? I mean, can I blame all but the perps? It's as if human brain only learn things taught at home by parents. Everything else gets rejected.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Can I blame movies and video games? I mean, can I blame all but the perps? It's as if human brain only learn things taught at home by parents. Everything else gets rejected.
Amateur, I put all the blame on apartheid.

Grant

Honorary Master
No idea
Some people are saying R200 and some R1000
Every place i used it asks pin for R200 or more on my Gold FNB card
Investec and Nedbank seem to have a limit, have not figured it out yet.
Checkers wants a pin for over some amount on both cards, but never been asked for a pin on either at woolworths.
I'm clueless as to where it begins or ends

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Checkers wants a pin for over some amount on both cards, but never been asked for a pin on either at woolworths.
Most banks do. I know Standard, Absa and Capitec do.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Over a certain amount I can't even tap at my local Checkers, it either insert the card or swipe. It irritates me because I can tap and put a pin at other places.