Durban Racist: ‘Coolie B*stard, Please Put Me On Facebook’

Wall

Sports Addict
The South African Indian community are outraged as another racist rant in Durban has gone viral on social media.
The incident reportedly occurred in Berea, Durban where tempers flared between two drivers. In a video that has surfaced a woman is seen questioning another driver who is recording the incident that is unravelling. The woman makes a series of outbursts of racist terms calling the Indian driver a ‘coolie b*stard’.
She uttered the word ‘coolie’ four times with passion asking for the video to be posted on social media, well here you are Tannie (Aunty) we have obliged. Please step forward to accept your award from the South African Indian community.
Read more: https://www.indianspice.co.za/2020/03/durban-racist-coolie-bstard-please-put-me-on-facebook/

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
India
India ranks as number one for the most racist country of all countries that were included in the study. Located in Southern Asia, India has a population size of roughly 1.3 billion people. The most prevalent ethnicities in India are people of Tamil, Nepali, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Malayalam, and Kashmiri descent. These ethnic groups are all ones that originate in India, meaning that most of the people who live in India are Indian themselves.

Unlike countries like the United States that are founded on the basic principle of cultural differences and a mixing pot, if you will, India is home to people originally from the country -- as opposed to having a population comprised of immigrants who moved to the country from elsewhere later on in their lives. This detail is a huge contributing factor as to why India has been named the most racist country over the years. Approximately 43.6% of all Indian people who took the survey said that they would not be comfortable with neighbors who were of different cultures, ethnicities, or races than themselves. A heightened percentage of 64.3% of the participants from India also reported that they were either discriminated against or witnessed discrimination unfold in their home country.

India is a country with a population with little diversity in terms of nationality. Most people identify as Indian, though their ethnicities can definitely differ depending upon the area of India in which they reside or were born. Either way, if you are not used to seeing or interacting with people of different races, then it might be a bit of a cultural shock to suddenly be asked to envision yourself being neighbors with someone of different nationality than yours.

joker08

Expert Member
India
India ranks as number one for the most racist country of all countries that were included in the study. Located in Southern Asia, India has a population size of roughly 1.3 billion people. The most prevalent ethnicities in India are people of Tamil, Nepali, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Malayalam, and Kashmiri descent. These ethnic groups are all ones that originate in India, meaning that most of the people who live in India are Indian themselves.

Unlike countries like the United States that are founded on the basic principle of cultural differences and a mixing pot, if you will, India is home to people originally from the country -- as opposed to having a population comprised of immigrants who moved to the country from elsewhere later on in their lives. This detail is a huge contributing factor as to why India has been named the most racist country over the years. Approximately 43.6% of all Indian people who took the survey said that they would not be comfortable with neighbors who were of different cultures, ethnicities, or races than themselves. A heightened percentage of 64.3% of the participants from India also reported that they were either discriminated against or witnessed discrimination unfold in their home country.

India is a country with a population with little diversity in terms of nationality. Most people identify as Indian, though their ethnicities can definitely differ depending upon the area of India in which they reside or were born. Either way, if you are not used to seeing or interacting with people of different races, then it might be a bit of a cultural shock to suddenly be asked to envision yourself being neighbors with someone of different nationality than yours.
I think the writer is confused between nationality, ethnicity and race.

zulucat

*Insert surprised face...* :rolleyes: they are known world wide for their racism. They would rather do jail time than stop being racist.

newjourno

The woman seems like she has anger issues and is a racist beyond repair. I personally would not progress any further and charge her, she has already been humiliated.

I don't understand why some have to bring in India to this though. Most South Africans of Indian descent have never been to India and are very culturally different from them.

newjourno

India

How is that relevant to this though? South African Indian's are definitely more culturally different from Indian nationals than English speaking white South Africans are to Brits.

Comparing Indian South African's to Indian nationals for the most part would be like comparing African Americans to black South African's culturally.

Last edited:

newjourno

I think the writer is confused between nationality, ethnicity and race.
Definitely, I've been to India, the country has major problems but this article is flawed on several levels. There are different articles on which country is the most racist in the world with some even listing western countries.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The woman seems like she has anger issues and is a racist beyond repair. I personally would not progress any further and charge her, she has already been humiliated.

I don't understand why some have to bring in India to this though. Most South Africans of Indian descent have never been to India and are very culturally different from them.
Some reverse psychology nonsense meant to make light of the woman's racism, I don't see any reason why anyone would bring it up. One would even dare say they are already taking their defensive positions.

newjourno

Some reverse psychology nonsense meant to make light of the woman's racism, I don't see any reason why anyone would bring it up. One would even dare say they are already taking their defensive positions.
This was on the "Support for a better South Africa page" and I saw some people actually saying that the guy was in the wrong and must have done something bad to stir her up.

Even if he was wrong, is it justification to use racist language? You can surely vent out your frustration in more constructive manners.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Ja. Whataboutism by post 3. Would have been post 2 if the link didn't time out. Record breaking