DVD RECORDER (Is LG RH-7624 the Best Model?)

Pila2

Many thanks, that was the confirmation I needed. i was not sure from reding the manual if I could program these two cases in two lines, not all can do so. I would be recording only on the HD, there should be no problems with that.

Thansks again :)

egrushka

Got the RH1999H from Makro when it came out on special a month or so ago

Works great, no problems with it at all. Setting region free was also very easy.

Have burnt around 50 DVD+R's so far, all perfect ( using only Taiwan {not INDIA} made verbatim DVD+R's )

Dont know how I got along without it before
Can you please give me the procedure to set the RH1999 to region-free setting? Thanks

MailMan

Philips

Go for Phlilips, and in general i would buy the smallest amount of gigs .

If you can find one which is upconverting to 1080I , gives good picture.
End of this year HDMI 1.3 comes out which seems to be much better than 1.2

or wait a while,park your music on the web,sooner orl later HD DVD will becomes affordable

vaco

I found another problem on our favourite DVD Recorder. I bought the RH-7823W just over a year ago. Did the firmware upgrade to ver 60126A to sort out the lip synch problem and everything went perfect for a while.

Now every so often I get a vertical scroll on all of my inputs during time shift, recording or just normal viewing. The screen just scrolls on all of the channels you select (AV1, AV2 and normal RF channels), but the menu and recorded programs display fine. If I then switch it off and back on again, there are these green, purple and pink horizontal lines all over the screen with the normal sound for the selected input. I must switch it off for about 5 minutes for it to display the screen properly again, but after a while the scrolling starts again. Some days it will run for up to 4 hours without starting to scroll. I upgraded the firmware to ver 60330A without it making any difference. This is incredibly frustrating because I can't schedule a recording or watch a program with time shift because you never know when the scrolling will start. I cannot believe how dependant I became on this device.

I thought it had a one year guarantee, but just checked and it is in fact 2 years! :) So I guess I will take it in a see if they can do something about it.

Tallies

RH7624W Remote

Just got a RH7624W for a steal at GAME, R750. Catch is: They threw away the remote. So I will be contacting LG tomorrow to see about getting a remote (they should have lots given the number of returns), and will then do the firmware upgrade.

Just in case LG can't/won't help, has anybody got a spare remote for this machine lying around?

Dissapointed

I was reading all of your comments on the LG DVD recorders.
I am looking for a good one to buy and wondered about the LG RH-1999.
The spec looks good and the write up also gives a lot of praise.

I bought and returned 2 different Philips models. The R3455 and a more expensive model. Both of them caused the signal to deteriorate in a BIG way when passing through from the composite in to the composite out sockets.
With a direct composite cable from my IPTV cable box to my TV (Hittachi 42” plasma 1024X1024) The picture is perfect. When it goes through the recorder, people’s faces look as if they have been filled with Polyfiller and sprayed over. There is no detail left.
Has anyone seen this effect on DVD recorders? Is it just a Philips thing? I have not been able to get a local vendor (Dubai) to adequately demonstrate the LG RH-1999. The expertise of the sales staff here is rather “special”. Can anyone tell me if the LG also has this problem? If so I really don’t want to buy a recorder because it will annoy me every time I switch the TV on.
Also, does anyone know what the native signal is from a Kreatel (Motorola) IPTV box is? It has an ethernet input and a composite and S-Video Output. I understand that S-Video should be the better choice but it depends whether the signal is derived from composite or separate chroma and luma signals in the first place. Again local knowledge is limited to which colour the plugs are.

Corr

I don't want to read through this whole thread, but Ive just done a firmware upgrade for my RH7624W from firmware version 50617A (original) direct to 60330A. This is basically the latest I could find on either the Denmark or Polish site for LG. The file is named RH7500_RH7800_RH7900_ver_60330A.zip Researching and finding the file was the difficult part, but the rest is simple.

On the face of it my recorder works fine and only time will confirm that.