E-HomeAffairs - OTP not being received

LaineyB

I have been trying to get into the (SA) E Home Affairs website but not receiving the OTP via sms even though the last four numbers reflected is correct. Cant get through to the callcentre and none of my emails are being answered. Trying to apply for a replacement for my Smart ID and renew my passport. But cant get into the site without first receiving and inputting the OTP. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do? I'm trying to avoid going to the offices. I wont go into detail about how frustrating this ordeal is. I'm hoping that there is a logical explanation for this.

One quick tip (and it caused me plenty pains) is press Submit/Login/whatever,not <enter> on the keyboard,the site handles that input incorrectly

I have been trying to get into the (SA) E Home Affairs website but not receiving the OTP via sms even though the last four numbers reflected is correct. Cant get through to the callcentre and none of my emails are being answered. Trying to apply for a replacement for my Smart ID and renew my passport. But cant get into the site without first receiving and inputting the OTP. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do? I'm trying to avoid going to the offices. I wont go into detail about how frustrating this ordeal is. I'm hoping that there is a logical explanation for this.
Your number is not perhaps listed in the DMSA's DNC database?

Found out the hard way that database blocks legitimate sms like this as well.

Your number is not perhaps listed in the DMSA's DNC database?

Found out the hard way that database blocks legitimate sms like this as well.

but thats marketing related and the SMS from Home Affairs is not marketing related. I have never registered on this site before so dont think my number is on that database. I'm getting sms's from every unknown organisation except Home Affairs!

I am having the exact same problem, been trying all day to register and to log in, but having no luck.

I found this link:

But not sure when this was posted.

Sorry but don't want to start a new thread. Has anyone had success with paying through absa online ?

It also seems to load the old details that I tried (it was incorrect) and now seems to try and use that one every time.

FFS this should be easy :mad:

I'm having the same problem. I've phoned 4 times holding 30 minutes each time before someone answers, just to be told that I am the ONLY ONE with this problem and nothing can be done unless it is a common problem. So frustrating!

This happened to me as well, I eventually called them and they had to change my cell number to a different number and then the OTP worked. Problem calling this is a pain, it took me about 6 attempts and most probably about 2 hours waiting on hold across all those calls.

All I can say is good luck.

This happened to me as well, I eventually called them and they had to change my cell number to a different number and then the OTP worked. Problem calling this is a pain, it took me about 6 attempts and most probably about 2 hours waiting on hold across all those calls.

All I can say is good luck.
I changed my number this morning to my friend's number and was able to make a booking. Nobody knows why I can't receive the OTP..

Wondering whether it ever really worked???

Surely I can't be THAT lucky (or unlucky) that every time I try to log in, it doesn't work? Maybe I should start gambling, I may have the same luck.

From my experience it never works afterhours. Only the next morning do all the SMSs suddenly come through at 7am. Totally pointless

This system is so sh*****t!
The otp SMS is now coming through for me, seriously delayed

I had this issue as well. It does not work afterhours as other users have pointed out.

It works perfectly during business working hours and days.

I have been trying to login since LAST YEAR. It worked briefly in the beginning after I first registered but now doesn't work.

There is a page saying the OTP system is "currently under review". Great stuff but there's no ETR and of course no response to my emails.

Has anyone from above had any luck?

Hokay new for 22. I have to get a new passport so started the process of trying to Register with DHA. All good but no onetime PIN (shock; horror!). Send emails then start phoning. Mostly not answered but after about 20 minutes on one number I nearly passed out when it was answered and by quite a helpful person, well to some extent. She acknowledged that the onetime PIN was experiencing "challenges" but politely took my details and gave me a reference number. Whether anything will come of it and the onetime PIN I do not know but let us hope for something rather than a black (oh oh) hole.

It is super easy to see why people start to feel rage towards those that run this country who are woefully unqualified to do so [insert cadre deployment reference here].

Just look at the state of the SA health system and now home affairs under the "leadership" of Aaron Motsoaledi. Heibo!

Aaron and his RET counterparts are directly responsable for the current state of affairs and the ANC's handling of these so called "revolutionaries" is very telling. Who knew that our leaders are able to throw their moral compasses so far away.

I am also now a member of the "not getting OTP, emails not valid and numbers either do not exist or network is congested" club. Not sure how to get my passport and ID renewed now, work opportunity travel deadline is looming, and I am unable to stand in queues for an undetermined amount of time during working hours.

Cry the beloved country.

Last edited:
Been trying for 3 weeks for my sons ID, we got the first SMS's but nothing subsequent.

Back